Tom Arnold

I Roasted Roseanne

... To End the Beef

8/6/2012 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0806_tom_arnold_rosanne_getty
After years of HATING EACH OTHER'S GUTS -- Tom Arnold says he made a last minute appearance at Comedy Central's roast of Roseanne last weekend ... to bury the hatchet once and for all.

TMZ broke the story ... A few weeks ago Tom was adamant he wanted nothing to do with the CC bash ... not surprising since he and Rosey had a notoriously nasty split back in 1994.

But a producer for the show tells TMZ ... Tom initially turned down his invitation to participate in the "Roast" ... but had a change of heart at the very last second  and contacted producers to let them know he changed his mind.

We're told producers were on board, but had to get the green light from Roseanne first ... and in another shocking turn of events, she said yes.

The best part ... we're told after Tom roasted her, the pair shared a private moment backstage for the FIRST TIME IN 17 YEARS.

In case you're curious, here's one of Tom's "jokes" that helped settle their long-time beef:

"She may not be the perfect wife, but she is literally the worst f-ing EX-WIFE on the planet ... trust me."

Oh Tom.

Brenda

I hope they've made peace. They aren't getting any younger and end your life with unresolved hate...that's just sad. So glad to see they've grown up enough to move past it all.

Arcadia Rink

Good to see that everyone has moved on. Good job Tom and Roseanne!

Toilethead

That's actually pretty funny.

Roseanne made Tom Arnold. If it hadn't been for her, he would still be trying to make it in Hollywood.

Phishie from Philly

Looks like Tom is saying, " We only had sex twice and I was asleep for one of he times.

kerrplunk

I'd do Rosey! Yes sir I would...

IslandGirlLostAtSea

I guess time does heal some wounds ~ This is nice...Peace.

myopinion

Good for you Tom I bet you both feel better...It's better to forgive.... not for them but for yourself.

IN MY OPINION

How mature of him to show up. LET THE PAST BE THE PAST.

Annie

I LOVE this line..lol

I-See-Dumb-People

Tom may not be the perfect actor, but he is literally the worst f-ing actor on the planet... trust me.

JimmyB

I'd say Roseanne owes Tom a BIG thanks for this. The ratings will be a lot higher because of his appearance. Ancient history doesn't matter a bit--just the present.

stu

awwwwwwwwwwww WHO CARES.
These 2 were sickening/icky when they were hubby & wifey.

stu

this guy makes Micheal J Fox look calm.

Emilio