Tom Arnold

I Roasted Roseanne

... To End the Beef

8/6/2012 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0806_tom_arnold_rosanne_getty
After years of HATING EACH OTHER'S GUTS -- Tom Arnold says he made a last minute appearance at Comedy Central's roast of Roseanne last weekend ... to bury the hatchet once and for all.

TMZ broke the story ... A few weeks ago Tom was adamant he wanted nothing to do with the CC bash ... not surprising since he and Rosey had a notoriously nasty split back in 1994.

But a producer for the show tells TMZ ... Tom initially turned down his invitation to participate in the "Roast" ... but had a change of heart at the very last second  and contacted producers to let them know he changed his mind.

We're told producers were on board, but had to get the green light from Roseanne first ... and in another shocking turn of events, she said yes.

The best part ... we're told after Tom roasted her, the pair shared a private moment backstage for the FIRST TIME IN 17 YEARS.

In case you're curious, here's one of Tom's "jokes" that helped settle their long-time beef:

"She may not be the perfect wife, but she is literally the worst f-ing EX-WIFE on the planet ... trust me."

Oh Tom.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I like Roseanne.

Toby Weymiller

He still has a great set of man tits.

Spoch

He was great in True Lies

deanne

COOL! They were so hot and heavy when they were together...I"m glad they can move on from the tumultuous break-up.

Raejean

A couple of real "class acts" who really, REALLY deserved each other.

Lola

I believe Tom Arnold was a writer on the Roseanne show. That's how they met. He went from being a midwest meatpacker to trying his hand as a Hollywood writer, and he was making it on his own. The real question is did she hurt or help his career? It's already a pretty good gig to get to be a writer on the Roseanne show at that time. That was before they became enamored of each other.

Lola

I still see some old Roseanne show reruns, and it's entertaining for the most part. However, Roseanne as a person is completely nuts, and rows them, too, as she will tell you. Well, she's not completely nuts, but she's really got some far out ideas about society and people. Not sure where she came up with all of them. Now she's running for president again this time.

Lola

And Roseanne currently lives with a man who says he is/was a Hollywood writer. She met him on the Internet. Think she has a fondness for these writer type guys?

Phishie from Philly

Tom said; I screwed Roseanne twice. Once when I married her and once when I divorced her.

Phishie from Philly

craig

I always enjoyed Tom Arnold's acting,not even joking..I usually only post to troll painpill,vodka and xanax addicted celebs and fat ugly lesbian home bodies that get wet from posting first but I gotta say he always made me laugh,even his new TV movie Fred on Nick,good stuff.

Ms. Underestimate

I will definitely have to watch this roast. They are always great for a laugh!

South Beach

Good on Tom. That had to take some guts. Even though they're long done, that's one less negative to carry around..

CelebJustice

Too bod he bury that hatchet in hateful mouth.

I luv u RPattz!

That's a whole lotta beef to roast.

Kaaka

Age and TIME truly HEAL MOST wounds , i just 3 months ago saw my ex -wife for the first time in 11 years but it felt more like 21 ,And the strange thing is we both felt more nostalgic than bitter and angry.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments