Kathie Lee Gifford

RIPPED by Fans for

Dissing Parents of Druggies

8/8/2012 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_kathy-lee-gifford_tmz
Kathie Lee Gifford
is being SKEWERED by hordes of angry fans as we speak ... one even calling her a "thoughtless human being" -- after the TV personality strongly implied that parents of drug addicts were FAILURES.

Kathie recently spoke to Family Circle magazine -- and in the interview, she said, "I'm not a perfect mom, but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

The implication -- parents of kids who HAVE been arrested or struggled with drug addictions are NOT doing something right.

This didn't sit too well with many of Kathie's fans -- who have since taken to the talk show host's Facebook page to express their disgust.

Among the comments -- "Well Kathy, here is a pic of my little brother who we lost at the age of 33 yrs old due to a DISEASE called DRUG ADDICTION ... I find it funny we were both raised by the same woman called MOM ... I am NOT an ADDICT and NEVER was ... Poor parenting?? Gimme a break."

"Shame on you Kathie Lee Gifford, shame on you. You are a thoughtless human being."

"Kathy do you know the first thing they teach you in family counseling for loved ones of addicts? The three C's; you DIDN'T cause it, you CAN'T cure it, and you CAN'T control it."

"Poor parenting?? God bless you and your great parenting skills you suck at being educated on addiction."

"I'm glad you never had to face any of your babies drowning in a disease they could not be cured from. I lost my baby at the age of 32 to a heroin overdose in Sept 2010. I am a doctor and worked hard my entire life to give her the best."

So we gotta ask ...

Maria

How dare you!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

"but my kids haven't been arrested, in rehab or kicked out of school, so I must be doing something right!"

KLG left out the word YET.

Its only time before that Cody kid is charged with rape and I can only imagine how much alcohol Cassidy is already consuming.

andrew

kathie lee giffords is an evil wench, and i hope karma shines its eye opening light on this inhumane bitch!

Socal

So what did she do wrong as a wife when her husband cheated on her with that flight attendant a few years ago?! She should not have made those comments....

laffnbear

For fourteen years I was terrified of my father. I was physically and emotionally abused by both parents until i was fifteen years old. As an adult, in counseling, I confronted my mother, who insisted they were only doing "the best that they could
."I am an alcoholic with over twenty years sobriety. Irealized some time ago I was seeking oblivion.

Today I believe I had PTSD, caused by my treatment. As well as booze I also consumed quantities of psychedelic drugs and tons of pot.
I live much of my adult life with an unconfronted death wish.
Two sessions of counseling and learning to live a sober life saved me.

Cheryl A.

KARMA is a bitch.

Martin

Kathy Lee is Spot On !

Honeys Booboo

Listen to the morning drunken alcoholic child labor exploiter with the philandering husband / baby daddy.

It's Life

If she wasn't a celebrity none of this would matter. That's the only reason why any of you care about what and how she said it. If you are/were good parents and you know so then why let her comment bother you which I'm sure a thousand people say the same thing every day in a grocery store.
Don't take offense to what someone said, which I'm sure was misunderstood in the first place. She's happy her kids didn't fall into drug use. I'm someone that did when I was a teenager, I'm 25 now and clean. That makes neither of my parents bad parents by any means. That means I took the wrong path like a lot adults or children do with drugs, drinking or bad girlfriend or boyfriend choices. Don't judge someone only because she is in the public eye. Everyone says things that didn't come across the right way.

CLINT

This coming from a woman who is getting her buzz on with wine before 10 AM. I agree that good parenting helps, but there are a lot of druggies and crackheads who came from good families and fell victim to their addictions. Can't lump everyone as the same.

kitnplayn

P.S. I have watched Kathi Lee Gifford over many years, and I think she is an arrogant, pompous, judgemental and fraudulent Christian.

Patricia

I'm not a perfect wife, but my husband's never cheated on me, so I must be doing something right! Oops, sorry Kathie Lee! Was that insensitive of me?

Babydoll0630

Way for ppl to blow it out of proportion........holy crap.

anony

Kathy Lee is drunk most of the time on the air.
What do you expect?

james

That's pretty funny coming from a drunk who pushed her husband into another women's bed. Stupid fool...She needs to be fired now.