Randy Travis

BUCK NAKED

During DWI Arrest

8/8/2012 7:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0808-randy-travis-dui

update_bar
7:54 AM PT -- Sources tell TMZ ... Travis was BUCK NAKED when cops arrived to the crash scene. It's unclear why Travis was not wearing clothes.

We're also told the country singer refused to take a breathalyzer, so a blood draw was taken to determine his blood alcohol level.

We've also learned ... before the DWI arrest, someone called cops to complain that a naked Travis walked into a convenient store and tried to buy cigarettes.

6:24 AM PT -- Law enforcement sources tell us ... Travis was charged with "retaliation" because he verbally threatened a cop during the bust.

0314_divider_graphic
Country singer Randy Travis was arrested last night in Texas on suspicion of DWI after crashing his car, TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Randy was arrested around 11:59PM with minor cuts and bruises. He was also booked on a "retaliation and obstruction" charge ... a felony.

Randy's car was the only vehicle involved in the crash.

Other details surrounding Randy's arrest are unclear. Randy is still in custody.

It's the singer's 2nd arrest this year -- back in February, Randy was busted for public intoxication for allegedly boozing in front of a Baptist church. According to the police report, Randy said he had just gotten into a fight with his girlfriend.

0808_randy_travis_february_mugshot_v2

Donna

Randy, you need help. Drinking never solves your problems; it just creates more. Get yourself to a clinic and get your life cleaned up. AA helped some family members of mine--seek them out. I am sure a home group is near you.

ragu4u

He was probably out doing what one of his songs talked about. Remember "Digging Up Boners"?

LiLo's boy toy

He wasn't charged wit buck nakedness? I would think that would be optical assault

Grant MacDonald

Hold me in your arms ever so tight our love shines bright under the moonlight
Let me feel your might our love is totally right
Love those blue jeans that are skintight want you naked in the twilight
Cowboy love we'll ignite I'd die for you if ya ever had a snakebite
This is our night you are my knight Your face flickers in the campsite firelight
Despite a slight from the uptight A cowboy's love for another guy
Drives some ****eye with an outcry For you I'd truly die
My love for you I can't deny Our intertwined hearts no one can untie
Push me up against the buckeye Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me
Don't be shy Unsnap your Levis You've got my heart hog tied
Under the western sky with the cacti You'll always be my guy!
I'm your Bucking Cowboy ... Riding you all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down! Ya riding this thing!
Ridin you n riding you n riding you ... all day long!
Gonna ride you til the end ... to heaven ... You I'll send ...!
Coming together ... coming together ... coming together ...
I'm your Bucking Cowboy ... Riding you all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down! Ya riding this thing!
Til you come n come n come n come! Want to hold you in my arms
N love you til forever comes!
I'm your Bucking Cowboy ... Riding you all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down! Ya riding this thing!
Bucking you ... bucking you ... bucking you n bucking you ... all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down n up n down!
Love to hear a good country sound!
I'm your Bucking Cowboy ... Riding you all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down! Ya riding this thing!
Into you so deep ... I'm your Bucking Cowboy ... Riding you all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down!
Riding this bronco up n down ... Ya riding this thing!
I'm your Bucking Cowboy ... Riding you all day long!
Up n down n up n down n up n down! Ya riding this thing!
Deep inside you ... Riding you up n down! Ya riding this thing!

anony

Naked drunk driving.
A country music tradition since....forever.

happypat35

I am beginning to think he has a little problem with alcohol..........

R

If he was "buck naked" that means he wasn't wearing any footwear either. Isn't driving while barefooted illegal too?

Jeffrey

You can tell by his looks that he's a mean SOB when drunk too. I feel sorry for whatever family he has and for any motorist who happens to be on the same road with him next time.

Landon D

retaliation and obstruction" charge ... a felony.

cathie

I made the comment a few months back that I thought there was an alcohol problem when he and his ex were battling. It is obvious to me now that he is an alcoholic. Maybe this will be enough to shock him into getting help. I hope for his sake it does.

Landon D

Oops! Messed up that last post. "retaliation and obstruction" charge ... a felony. This bothers me. This and all laws like "resisting arrest without violence" are pretty ridiculous. As citizens we are supposed to be polite and agreeable with the police when they harass us? Pretty Orwellian to me.

Holly Honnold

It is very sad,but that is what alcohol does to you.I used to be married to an alcoholic.Not saying Randy is one,but alcohol messes with your brain.Stay away from that junk!!!

Jim Campbell

wow ya think having that much money in the bank you would find something better to do other then be a ****ign nuisance typical cowboy wannabe

Jon

He needed something to stir his drink with!

PETA EATA

I guess I am the only one hoping the nudes leak. XD