Randy Travis

Leaves Jail in Paper Suit

After Naked DWI Arrest

8/8/2012 1:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0808_randy_travis_released_ap_article
Randy Travis left a Texas jail this morning in a brand new suit ... a paper suit ... after cops found the country singer NAKED at the scene of a DWI car wreck.

TMZ broke the story ... officials say Travis had no clothes on when they arrived to the scene of his car accident late last night. They also say Travis was drunk off his ass ... and arrested him for DWI.

After transporting a naked Travis to a nearby jail, officials forced Travis to put on the paper suit ... which he was allowed to wear home.

It's possible Travis wasn't entirely naked during the arrest -- since he was wearing a U of Texas hat on the way out of jail, it's possible he was also sporting the headwear at the crash scene.

If you're only gonna wear one article of clothing during a naked arrest, might as well make it something that says "Longhorn."

janet

How the hell is Travis going to spin this?

Lily Daisy

This is really serious...this boy is heading for permanent destruction, unless he gets some serious intervention now! Where are you Dr Drew?

tellmeaboutit

Even major drunk Dennis Rodman has better sense than to careen around in a car while he's hammered to the gills. Get your sh*t together, Travis before you kill somebody.

rgw

Randy Rocks! and is entitled to a screw up here and there, so dont act like You havent had an awkward moment in Your life.
Rod W

StP

He's got a number one hit on his hands! A DWI while naked and ending up in jail having to wear a paper suit, Platinum!

Emilio

He needs to be grateful he didn't kill anyone...that paper suit would have stripes on them...idiot

John dowser

Randy you are turning into one of the great country music singers off all time "George Jones" who was once arrested chasing his gal, I believe (Tammy Wynnet) around the house with a shot gun drunk ! No wonder you write great songs. Thank goodness you didn't kill anybody :) If you look hard you will find some great songs in this BS. Relax...stay off the juice and hang with the brew ha's if you gotta drink. And stock up on the shmedlies...

Lisa

Look how yellow his face is. Dude is on his last legs. Liver is going bye bye

Phishie from Philly

Randy Travis just realeased a new song about his experience in jail and the moments leading up to it. Here's a sample of the song on TMZ not live.
My tractor broke down and my dog ran away. My wife kicked me out of the house because I was being a bad spous. So I decided to get in my 1998 trans am with a bottle of jack and look for my dog. Before I knew it I was naked in a ditch with a cop standing over me taking pictures and saying as he's laughing, "BOY! Why in the world u naked next to a tree stump when your car is smashed a mile down the road". I really don't remember much but before I knew it I went to jail still naked for another DWI. The cops gave me a tee shirt from Billy Bobs pork belly tavern and said look at the red light because we are taking your mug shot. Several hours went by and I sobered up. I went to jail in my birthday suit fully wasted now I'm leaving jail because I made bail. I have to make up with my wife and o yes I still didn't find my dog!

Phishie for Philly

Phishie from Philly

Randy Travis defense for his DWI will be it's not his fault, it's the alcohols fault!

Phishie from Philly

TROLOLOLOL

Here's a parody of "Before You Kill Us All".... funny ish...

lalet

in his mug shot he was wearing a black shirt...what happened to the shirt?

Whatever

Ah, that's a shame. Career? Probably over.

dawn