Randy Travis

Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

8/8/2012 8:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Randy Travis mug shot
Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway.  When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

update_bar
8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

0615_celebrity_mug_shots_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26

Gary

What?.............Country singers can't get naked and go for a "moonlit"drive??...........just like us regular people?

mike

Handsome devil isn't he. Man that fool lied hard didn't he.

Jan D

You still look great to me Randy, just a little scuffed-up, I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, My prayers are with you that everything will workout well for you, We have all done things in our lives that we're not particulary proud of, no matter how big or small, ...Judge Not Least Ye Be Judged, no one should be casting the first stone!

Jan D

You still look great to me Randy, just a little scuffed-up, I'm glad no one was seriously hurt, My prayers are with you that everything will workout well for you, We have all done things in our lives that we're not particulary proud of, no matter how big or small, As the Bible teaches...Judge Not Least Ye Be Judged, so no one should be casting the first stone!

Jlea

I think he looks pretty good considering. Hardly disheveled at all. Better than Rip Torn or Nick Nolte anyway. Just search images of celeb dui and you'll see what I mean.

Chester

Disturbing mugshot? Try Glen Campbell...or Nick Nolte...Those are very disturbing mugshots

annie

I am sure he has a drinking problem and I pray that this embarassing event will get this talented artist the help that you need.

DORIS TAYLOR

Wow he threatens to kill state troopers and thats all he gets too dam funny Stars!!! smh they get away with everything, let that had been you or me we'd be under the dam jail by the time we sobered up and the only community service we'd see would be communing around the prison.

Al

Is anyone else wondering why Randy Travis is driving a 1998 Pontiac Trans Am??

Daniel Busbey

Oh, c'mon Randy...You know old Hank wouldn't have done it THIS way!

Previous 15 Comments | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26