Randy Travis

Threatened to SHOOT, KILL ... Cops Say

8/8/2012 8:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Randy Travis mug shot
Randy Travis threatened to shoot and kill the troopers who arrested him for drunk driving last night ... this according to the Grayson County Sheriff's Office.

The GCSO tells us ... officers received a call at 11:18 PM from a person who stated there was a man lying in the roadway.  When cops arrived to the scene, they noticed Travis' 1998 Pontiac Trans Am had driven off the road and slammed into several barricades in a construction zone.

Travis was initially arrested for DWI -- but once he was inside the cop car, officials say the singer threatened to "shoot and kill the Troopers working the case."

As we previously reported, Travis was NAKED ... and rode bareback while he was being transported to the station.

When he arrived to the jail, cops gave Travis a shirt to wear for his mug shot ... and a paper suit to cover his man parts.

Travis is sporting a black eye and cuts in his mug shot -- injuries we're told he suffered when he crashed his car into the construction zone.

Travis was charged with DWI and retaliation for making the threats. Travis is currently in custody.

update_bar
8:45 AM PT -- Randy has been released from custody after posting $21,500 bail.

0615_celebrity_mug_shots_footer

JEFF

I'll never smoke weed with Willie again ..............

parlayer

From Country to the Blues! "Talk is Cheap"

deet

This guy is a threat to society! He's worried about his x-wife damaging his reputation and career... ummm, I think he's doing a pretty good job of that on his own!

Wow ...

Aww Randy, what a disappointment. Was always a fan, but this is unacceptable. You could have killed someone while under the influence and threatened to kill the officers. Get it together, it isn't too late!

nyc44th

"wow sarge . . I don't know how he got like that! Must have been the accident. Just because a belligerent drunk threatened our lives, doesn't mean we would kick the cr-p out of him" : )

Arthur P. Kaske

Travis, what the hell is wrong with you, get your act together, apologize for your short comings and get on with the good life. My wife and unborn son were killed by a drunk driver on October 4th 1974, she was 23 years old I was 24. I thought, at the time, that if this is all life has to offer I don't want any part of it, and so I crawled in a whisky bottle and swam around for a year, until I realized where I was headed. I crawled back out of the whisky bottle. This crap needs to stop dude before you become one more statistic!

tommcat

That is where he belongs.I've no truck with a drunk.That could have been a school bus full of kids insead of construction equipment!

Dick

Just another drunk that fortunately for all of us is off the road.

lmorris1964

He must have been drinking Tequila...it made his clothes fall off.

deet

This guy is a danger to society!!! What makes him any different than these other psycho killers in Arizona, Wisconsin, and Aurora. He's clearly making threats to harm people. This guy needs to be off the streets before he does something bad to hurt people. When something bad happens and people really are killed then the authorities say why wasn't action taken on the warning signs. He blames his x-wife for ruining his reputation and career. I think he's doing a pretty good job of that himself. What a horrible role model and selfish human being he is currently being. What's wrong with people today that they don't want to better themselves and be a good example to others?? So much talent wasted...and he is being so ungrateful. Get some help!! Such a shame. SMH

GG

Randy, I think it is time to evaluate your life to see if you need to go in a different direction. Please take care of yourself!

Stanley

1998 Pontiac Trans Am???

Tommy

I thought that was legal if you're a cowboy and in texas. Man Party

loridarlin

Wow...how sad...once he was on top of the world...wonder if this is his rock bottom? Hope so...would hate to see him get worse than this. Always wonders what makes a highly successful person just throw it all away? Addictions do not discriminate...

Gretel

Holy cow, that has to be at the very top of the mugshot list. That is FREAKING AWESOME!