Insane Clown Posse

The FBI is Wrong ...

Juggalos Are NOT a Gang

8/10/2012 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0810_insane_clown_posse_article_getty
The Insane Clown Posse is straight up pissed at the FBI, yo ... claiming the feds were WRONG for classifying their "Juggalo" superfans as a dangerous street gang ... and now the Clowns have lawyered up, hoping to sue the government.

ICP believes several members of their Juggalo faithful have had their rights violated ever since the group appeared on the FBI's National Gang Threat Assessment list in 2011.

The feds believe "many Juggalo subsets exhibit gang-like behavior and engage in criminal activity and violence."

But ICP is adamant their fans are getting a bum rap ... claiming Juggalos have wrongly been placed in the same catagory as "such notorious entities as the Aryan Brotherhood, Bloods, Crips and the Latin Kings."

ICP member Shaggy 2 Dope released a statement saying, "We are hearing too many stories from our fans about the trouble [being on the FBI list is] causing them. Just because you like a music group, doesn’t make you a criminal.”

The other ICP member, Violent J, added, “We’re not attacking the FBI, but they got this wrong. The Juggalos are not a gang, and that needs to be fixed.”

ICP has reached out to their fans ... seeking Juggalos who believe they have been mistreated by law enforcement because of the FBI's characterization of the group. The goal is to sue the government for discrimination.

ProudJuggalette

People want to see what they want to see when it comes to the Juggalo Family. I'm not going to be the person that goes all "tough guy" on the comments here. I just want to say, people who have been fans of this group since they started, or anyone who's been picked up along the way, aren't all bad. Being a Juggalo is being a part of a family, and a true family. I've been down for about 10 years, and I can't say in all that time, when life has gotten bad, there hasn't been a Juggalo homie of mine that hasn't helped me out. I've graduated high school in the top 10% of my class, I've gotten a job, and have been paying my dues to live my life as I'm allowed to. For someone who's never been to the gathering, you might not get it, but to show up there, no matter who you are, you get instantly accepted. There are people of every culture, every fandom who do bad stuff, we only get a bad rap because of who we like. So what if you don't like out music? It's not for everyone, but I think you all should really try to put yourself in one of our shoes. Being labelled a gang member cause of the music you listen to? It's unreal. Yes, there is some messed up stuff they sing about in their songs, but if you're a Juggalo, or you bother listening to an album, listen to more than just the profanities you hear, cause for people who actually listen, you'll find out that the sing against things- like hate, and bigotry, incest, and rapist among other things. If you listen to it, you'll hear a message of family, and love, and even religion. The first set of six jokers card is all about that. The final track on the final card of the first set literally says "The Carnival is God, and may all Juggalos find him." Investigate before you judge...

LDB

Sounds more of a cult

thegreatamericandesertreturns

RONALD MC~mcdonald is the worst of them hanging at mickey D`s at the time I can`t walk in there without him harrassing me.Bozo was real bad also but he`s old now!.Rapp is all gangIE also sometimes as is mormonism and the masons.Taxe dollars to track clowns means waste trucks full of hollywood murdered artistes by murder INC yet again

Bridget

Well I don't think all ICP fans are a bunch of criminals, that's just silly. But obviously some fans seem to get into that gang mentality. Now I can see both sides of this. I went on a date with a Juggalo and his idea of a first date was to take me on a drug run. Needless to say, it was our only date. But one person doesn't represent a whole group of people either.

Being an Eminem fan, I really wasn't fond of ICP for a long time. After a while I was indifferent, when Em stopped talking about the beef. But I gotta say it was pretty cool when the beef was called off after Proof died. And after talking to a few Juggalos on the net over the years, the ones I talked to seemed like very decent people.

Anyway, the Feds have always kept a close eye on rappers. This might not really be a big deal for their fans. Law enforcement always thinks of people in certain cloths and stuff "suspicious". So if you're not doing anything, you probibly don't have anything to worry about. Not really anything to be done about it either. If ICP wants their fans off the gang lists, the FBI will just put them on a list they don't make public. But don't worry about it. Probibly anyone who isn't a preppy is on some list somewhere, lol.

Passion Of The Taint

Gang of losers and retards.

Tr0LL666

Juggalo'S are the s*** of the earth.

laffnbear

I would align myself with any group that attempts to make anti-social behavior a good thing. They sound like a mob mentality to me.

brandon

i was stopped and intarigated for having hatchet gear then they tried to blame me for jrb tagged on a trash can this is bull**** help ICP we need this

Ophi

Now, I have seen it all. Those clowns need to go back to Roseville and stay there. Considering how nice their little hometown is and how nowhere close to Detroit it is. Seriously, a gang? You have got to be kidding me. I live in Michigan myself and the only thing juggalo I've seen in the past two years is stickers on cars and that's probably because they can't get them off. We all know they ain't seen a mile road south of 10. Now... how the rest of that goes?

Ophi

My husband was telling me about an old juggalo thing around here, where they'd drive around in vans and try to get chicks to get in the vans... I wonder why... I'll let you figure that one out. I didn't grow up here in MI, but I've lived here for a pretty darn long time now, long enough to know what I'm talking about. I heard about the gatherings, no thanks, I respect myself too much as a woman.

As much as I despise everything juggalo, it is not a gang, that's just ridiculous, don't give clowns that, it'll just be turned into free publicity, oops wait, it already has, look at this?

Ashlyn

Obviously not every Juggalo is violent, but A LOT of them are. (I feel silly even saying the name "Juggalo" lol) I know of a few of them through friends of friends and they are violent and angry people. I'm not mad at the FBI for saying Juggalo's are a gang because a lot of them are. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there concerts are full of violence and anger. One of the band members name is Violent J so that speaks for itself. I think it's ridiculous for Insane Clown Posse to be bitching about themselves and their fans being labelled as violent and involved in crime activity because a lot of them are. I'm not saying this means their fans are in a gang, but a lot of them do exhibit gang like behaviour.

Nadiadamit

i have met fans who tell me they consider themselves in a gang... and have started gangs in honor of icp. i have listened to them because why judge something U know nothing about? i liked some ot it and i am open minded to all music. i agree...innocent fans should not be a part of this fbi list...unfortunately guilty by association still exists. i thought the world was suppose to end with the last card anyway?then they became ministers or some **** like that. i don't know enough...i will admit...but when U meet 20 fans and 18 say they are a gang...the other 2 tend to look guilty as well. that's life. they wore make up like kiss to have private identities...like alice cooper it was suppose to be a "show" but some fans, and a great deal of them..think its a way of life. i myself have known people with hatchet tattoos who chased people with hatchets. funny two people in this small little forum have experienced the same. don't blame society...be upset that family members have given U a bad name. no matter, u still love family in the end but u can't blame everyone else for what they have seen for themselves.

jmwaco

They are clowns...I'll give them that.

BB not bb

A gang of clowns sounds satanic. I can't say I find anything redeeming in their music. If they are doing ganglike things, then I guess that is why they are being profiled. Music does influence people, so if the artists are getting this result, maybe there is something wrong with what they are selling.

Kids today do as they please and then expect to be forgiven and loved anyway. This is the result of lax parenting that consists of fawning over kids and then ignoring them. Then you mix in wacky lyrics expressing violence and sympathy for the perpetrators, and you have a molotov ****tail of morality waiting to go off.

JimmydeansausageCo.

Gotta hand it to these clowns though, they've made a mint off the absolute lowest common denominator of society. Make money off the people who have none but what is handed to them from the government. Quite the business model to bilk Uncle Sam out of millions to entertain the recipients. Very smart.

I do not get this juggalo stuff, but I bet the argument to be brought forth is they "are a family" & not a "gang."

Family or gang, who cares, but they are retarded in one way, shape, or form.

I'd like their bank accounts though...