Joan Rivers To ADL

'SHUT THE F**K UP!'

8/10/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0810_joan_rivers_adlJoan Rivers is scoffing at the Anti-Defamation League for blasting her over a comment comparing Costco to Nazi Germany, telling ADL officials, "Shut the f**k up!"

The ADL is pissed that Joan made the comparison to protest the fact that Costco banned her book, "I Hate Everyone ... Starting With Me!" because of foul language.   ADL officials say, "Such comparisons only serve to trivialize the Holocaust and are deeply offensive to Jews and other survivors."

But Joan -- a Jew -- tells TMZ, "My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust," adding, "My comment reminds people of the Holocaust because half the people now don't even believe it ever happened."

Joan adds, "Germany is where banning books started, and it can start here just as quickly."

And Joan made this obtuse comment, "I'm educated.  I know how to spell Nazi."

080712_rivers_launch

TJ

Hmmmmm- I think it's KRIS JENNER, in a blonde wig!

LMT

I forgot to add.....I am not Jewish but I found Joan's rants offensive. She compared COSTCO to Naxi's several times in her rant at COSTCO. I knew full well upon hearing her comparisons that she would offend many! She did!

TJ

Joan "rented" Kendall & Kylie (the plain one,but it's always a package deal) to promote her 'FASHION POLICE" show tonight, from good buddy ,Kris J.
The girls are Kris' new CASH COWS to further
line her personal pockets with more gold.

Uh

That''s why TV is becoming obsolete. An old lady? with a plastic face whose only claim to fame is.....Damned if I know.

CitySide

Hey, Joan. The Middle East doesn't want your book, either. Go there and run your 50 shades of botox mouth in their streets. It might be the first time a beheading is funny. You loud, greedy b!tch!

Faye

I honest to God cannot imagine anyone who would be ignorant enough to (a) watch her show and (b) buy her book. She is a pig.

shannonkjohnstone

Joan Rivers is smart and funny as hell. Thankyou Joan for making me LAUGH!!!!!!!

noddafan

when is that old bat going to roll over and just DIE? she just thinks she can get away with EVERYthing ... i canNOT stand her anyMORE.

DR SICK

Get 'em Joan. From one Jew to another. The ADL doens't have exclusive rights to the Holocaust. Everyone wants to claim it for their cause.

Raejean

It's a damn shame. Long ago and (it seems) far away, this woman was genuinely funny. The last 10 or 15 years of her "career," let's say especially those incorporating dragging along her totally talentless daughter (who took her mother's name instead of her father's for the first time for coattail-riding purposes), have just seen her "comedy" twist along with her increasingly unrecognizable face.

Jen

So tired of all this PC nonsense. Everyone's offended about everything. She's a comedian & she can say whatever the f*ck she wants. I love that she told that group to SHUT THE F*CK UP. That's what I wish people would do more often instead of apologizing because some organization railroaded them into doing it.

lori

All they had to do for it to be sold at Costco was change the cover. THAT is the reason they won't sell it - the made up foul mouth review comments on the back cover visible to all. She has a right to say and print those words, Costco has a right to protect their customers with minor children from such garbage. Good for Costco. Bad for Joan to compare them to the Nazis...they weren't banning her book - only the cover.

missbigshot

I LOVE JOAN RIVERS AND I DON'T GIVE A **** WHAT ANY OF YOU IGNORANT MORONS THINK! Have any of you seen the do***entary on her life? This icon is a trailblazer who should be revered. She opened doors for women comedians who publicly give her credit for their careers. At 79 years old, her schedule is booked solid months in advance. She is the hardest working person in show business. She has given her time to numerous causes for free. She is absolutely right in her comparisons and has every right to make them. I intend to order several books for the numerous people I know who would love to read it (myself included). St. Croix U.S. Virgin Islands LOVES you Joan Rivers!!!!!!

Elyse J. Factor

I too am Jewish and am well aware of the ever- growing tide of Holocaust deniers. However, we, as Jews, and other right-minded thinkers, must take great care not to make a joke of the Holocaust while educating the denying public. Joan Rivers' comparison to Costco was ridiculous, and makes it sound as if the only thing the Nazis did was to advertize a sale, run out of product, and fail to distribute rain checks. 10,000,000 dead, 6,000,000 of whom were Jewish, while the world watched on doing nothing, is quite another thing. It's hard to reconcile the current Joan Rivers with the valedictorian of her graduating class at Barnard, one of the nation's finest universities. How the intelligent have fallen into hyperboly, idiocy and depravity! What a shame.

Seymour Bluffs

Wrong again Joan..Germany was not the first place to burn books you moron. The practice go's back to the 7th century B.C. You should know that since you were alive back then....