Joan Rivers To ADL

'SHUT THE F**K UP!'

8/10/2012 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0810_joan_rivers_adlJoan Rivers is scoffing at the Anti-Defamation League for blasting her over a comment comparing Costco to Nazi Germany, telling ADL officials, "Shut the f**k up!"

The ADL is pissed that Joan made the comparison to protest the fact that Costco banned her book, "I Hate Everyone ... Starting With Me!" because of foul language.   ADL officials say, "Such comparisons only serve to trivialize the Holocaust and are deeply offensive to Jews and other survivors."

But Joan -- a Jew -- tells TMZ, "My husband lost his entire family in the Holocaust," adding, "My comment reminds people of the Holocaust because half the people now don't even believe it ever happened."

Joan adds, "Germany is where banning books started, and it can start here just as quickly."

And Joan made this obtuse comment, "I'm educated.  I know how to spell Nazi."

080712_rivers_launch

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

dd

Don't mess with JOAN!

Ashlyn

I like Joan, but she needs to stop calling everyone Hitler when they p.iss her off. Remember on the Celebrity Apprentice? She called Annie Duke Hitler as well. A store isn't selling your book. Get over it. There is absolutely no need to compare Costco to Hitler. That's just really stupid. You'd think as a Jewish woman she would have more compassion as well as common sense. I'm not a big fan of censorship but in no way, shape or form does that even come close to what Hitler and the Nazi's did. She's the one forcing her opinions and beliefs down other peoples throats. She sounds more like Hitler than Costco. She needs to get over herself. Like I said, I like Joan but this is just ridiculous.

Ally

I am by no means a fan of Joan but she has a point. Banning a book is stupid! You don't have to buy it, you don't have to pick it up off the shelf and look at it. And Costco could place it on a very high shelf if they were REALLY worried about kids getting their hands on it (which is BS, that is just an excuse). Banning books is where government control starts....that and mandatory vaccines and gun control. Wake up people.....The government doesn't need to censor what I read or what book I buy!

gbtw

i don't understand why adl is even commenting on this. a big supplier refused to carry her book, and she turned it into a joke and a chance for marketing. she is "making an ass" out of herself and blowing it out of proportion as a joke people- she's a f'ing comedienne. the adl and all of these uppity people offended by her crassness should just get over it and realize- IT WAS A JOKE AND A MARKETING PLOY! lighten the f- up!

lilou500

i thaught this was funny i hate how alot of this turned into how she looks like an ass. i know that shes not the prettiest grandmother ever, but she is funny and saying sxhe looks like an ass isnt right. she doesnt have a crack in the midle of her face\

dorame80

Joan Rivers at Cosco, handcuff herself to a womens cart, when TMZ asked about the women Joan responded the women has her own agenda Arizona, that was so insulting, does that mean the women is illeagle, is she Hispanic...is it because she is a women of color....if I were that women I would sue Joan for putting words into her mouth...Joan is crude, rude.....old bitter women!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8