Chad Johnson

Booked Into Jail,

Held on $2,500 Bond

8/12/2012 7:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0812_chad_jail_video
update_bar
10:10 AM ET -- Johnson was released around 10:00 AM ET.

0314_divider_graphic
Chad Johnson was booked into Broward County Jail last night following his arrest for allegedly head-butting his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, during an argument.

Johnson went before a judge early this morning (see the quick hearing below) where bond was set at $2,500. He's expected to post and be released within the next few hours.

Johnson was also ordered not to have contact with Lozada, which is common practice in domestic violence cases.

A rep for the Miami Dolphins released a statement on the arrest, saying, "We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering all the relevent information."

As TMZ previously reported, sources close to Lozada tell us the two got into a verbal argument when Lozada found a receipt for condoms and confronted Johnson about it. We're told Lozada claims Johnson head-butted her during the argument, while Johnson told police it was an accident.

0812_chad_court_video

She's baaaack

I am in no way advocating domestic violence but did that woman think she could dig for all that gold and not pay for it? Honey, you wanted the money and the infamy that came with it so you should have just kept your mouth shut. Now you know what comes with it. I hope you enjoy the ring, stupid.

slick

We all know who started this . All these woman have to show is some blood and thats it. Woman should learn to keep their hands to themselves period. Same thing that happened with Chris Brown cause I'm sure that Rihanna first hit him but no you should not hit a woman. I say this if you hit me am gonna hit you back even harder damn

South Beach

Mens' Team USA wins GOLD over Spain!!!! YAY!

Zorbitor

Why save the receipt??? Why??? Just give her the car and walk to Motel 6 and cut out the middleman.

GoodOnPaper

why do men with $$$ marry anyway? it's obvious they will lose their shirts! i think gold-digging is officially a sport now. no answer on the condom receipt???

a long time Leno fan!

Ok, sooooooo... why is he hiding? He didn't think of the consequences, his commitment to his marriage & his career before buying those? He even tells her he doesn't care about his career?? I'm sure his team will be happy when they hear that. A reputable business manager/lawyer should be mandatory with these athletes and not just to protect the players from "themselves" but for the future of the team. Geez never mind a legacy, that's clearly not his guy's concern.......

Steve

" sources close to Lozada tell us" Really? This woman is a gold digging hoe and ' sources close to Lozada" shouyld not be trusted as she should not be. Funny how " sources close to Lozada" contacted you within an hour and not a domestic abuse hotline? She should have been arrested. He better be smart and get the hell away from her...

david

she a animal

Tyler Farris

Wait who is he?

jeff

I am sure she had it coming.. that girl is ghetto as hell

Kas

I thought she said it was ok for him to **** around as long he has a Condom on...I'm not saying that is okay for him to head butt her cause that's coward move...best of luck to the both of them...

Discretion

Not surprised one bit... I am more surprised at the jokes that Eric Williams said about Evelyn regarding this whole mess... BTW good one Eric!

cb

As crazy as he has acted over the years he's never been in trouble with the law until he hooked up with this lady. It's not surprising and I think it's a signal that they're not healthy for each other. It can be incredibly difficult but it's best to just walk away when things get heated.

soulflower

She should be happy Johnson is wrapping his
johnson!

TNI

Please tell everyone about my youtube dance competition to my song Titled "Invincible."
The winner gets the new Ipad and choreograph my video. Entry dates begin August 20,2012- September 20, 2012
I can be reached at traceynightinvincible@gmail.com
or 945-4061909