« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

CUT by Dolphins

After Arrest

8/12/2012 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0811_chad_ochocinco_miami_dophinsAdd unemployment to Chad Johnson's list of problems -- the Miami Dolphins have reportedly cut their star wide receiver ... 24 hours after his arrest for domestic violence.

Sources close to the veteran player tell TMZ ... he had a meeting with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin about an hour ago. Must not have gone well -- FOX Sports' Jay Glazer is reporting the team dropped Johnson.

As we previously reported, Johnson was arrested Saturday night and booked for domestic violence ... after allegedly head-butting his wife, "Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada.

He spent the night in jail and was released on $2,500 bond today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Debra

I in no way condone domestic violence but I think it serves Evelyn right. She was so quick to fight, hit and throw bottles at other people during her reality show. Now she sees how it feels when one feels threatened.
Why did she not woop Chad, I thought she was a big girl, or show I say a big bully. She had it coming, what goes around comes around. I could imagine Tammy smiling :-)

microrose

I'm not convinced he head butted her,has anyone watched her assauting those women BBW,there's 2sides to every story.I'll wait until the WHOLE story comes out,she could have been the head butter.Just saying she's a violent person,fact!!!!!

Z Money

Sell that engagement ring. You're going to need the money.

systasoulja

I think a woman beater is disgusting!! But, if you followed Basketball Wives "He told her straight up what kind of guy he was!!"" And she insisted on marrying him anyway!! She told him if there are other women just use a condom!!! Who does that? And she was a notorious bully constantly fighting...In this case I would dare to say "She started a fight!" He has been in numerous relationships/baby momma's (I'm not saying it's okay) but no history of beating or abusing women...One time I might have to say "Evelyn keep your ghetto mouth shut now go bully that!"

Fantasy

This relationship was clearly volatile from the beginning - using foul language to communicate with each other - Just SAD! Now a big hit to both of their careers - I guess the Reality show if off and they need to face Reality - you are not meant for each other - that's why she was engaged for 10 years prior to the basketball player - He knew better Ocho - don't get fooled by the looks - it takes more that a pretty face - look for substance!

Rosaura Torres

Author Rosaura Torres
On Saturday, August 11, 2012 I was honored to give a radio interview on 1680 am Radio Station, with El Profesor, Humberto his lovely wife La Negrita, Delores, El Senior Polon, y Angel Almao.

The show was based on my book Abuse Hidden Behind The Badge. This important topic was not about me writing my story but….about DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Angel and I both agreed how disappointed we were that no one called into to talk about a subject that has run out of control in the Latin Communities and in the United States.

Many would rather turn the other way; do you realize that by turning the other way; someone will die? On Sunday, Chad Johnson was charged with Domestic Violence for head butting his wife Evelyn Lozada. I know there are many who would say “Damn their goes his career.” Give me a break!!! This is what is wrong with society today; you would rather protect the abuser because of the position he holds in life! Our football teams, police departments, Colleges, and yes our Churches must hold them accountable for the abuse they caused. Thank you Miami Dolphin’s, you did the right thing, by getting rid of him.

Let me make this very clear! I am not going away; I will continue to speak out for those who are afraid. In my life time Domestic Violence will not end. I am so many will not give up.

I want to thank Profesor, La Negrita, Senor Polon and my awesome friend Angel Almao for allowing me this great opportunity to speak to their listeners.

With much love,

Con Mucho amor para todos

Author Rosaura Torres

boogie

he gets what he deserves.when i first saw her on hard knocks the first thing i said is this bitch swears and his dumb ass is in trouble.

c2woods

Why marry a whore? Now his career and money is gone because of her. TO are you next? lol

knickfan212

He was warned about that crazy gold digging bitch so it's all on him. Now he lost his job.

Cougar

Who is the BUM BITCH NOW!!!!

Cougar

Dam Eva what the hell happen???? Girl you going to have to do better you could have had anybody you wanted maybe a bum man at least he would have treated you like a queen. You did make a comment that you can take care of a man

Obama2012

They are both screwed -- 15 minutes are definitely up...

Maggie

I wonder what Jennifer Williams is Thinking?

reggie edge

i really think he just needs another chance and someone to talk to and maybe he will be ok no ones perfect

mz.Boo