« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

CUT by Dolphins

After Arrest

8/12/2012 5:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0811_chad_ochocinco_miami_dophinsAdd unemployment to Chad Johnson's list of problems -- the Miami Dolphins have reportedly cut their star wide receiver ... 24 hours after his arrest for domestic violence.

Sources close to the veteran player tell TMZ ... he had a meeting with Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin about an hour ago. Must not have gone well -- FOX Sports' Jay Glazer is reporting the team dropped Johnson.

As we previously reported, Johnson was arrested Saturday night and booked for domestic violence ... after allegedly head-butting his wife, "Basketball Wives" star Evelyn Lozada.

He spent the night in jail and was released on $2,500 bond today.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sam

I know that it is bad to hit your spouse but why does he have to loose his job for something that happens in his personal life. The only thing the team should be worried about is how he performs on the field. This is the same bull of someone getting fired for posting something on Facebook.

Really???

Are you all serious? Its her fault that he assaulted her? Way to blame the victim! He lost his job for beating his wife, not because he married her! This violent clown got exactly what he deserved!! This should happen everytime a huge football playing athlete jumps on a female half his size.. I have no sympathy nor empathy for a woman beater!

joecrabs

I heard he's changing his name again. It's gonna be Chad Batidora de Esposa.

Bob

I certainly can't support any form of domestic violence, BUT whatever happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty? I don't really know anything about this guy, but did he have a trial and get found guilty already? I read that he head butted his wife or girlfriend. How do we know that she didn't do it to him or that she didn't just make it up? I think he should be fired if he did it, but I also think the team just let him go to avoid controversy, which may not be be fair.

myopinion

Damn....I know he has lots of regrets, he seemed to not want to marry her from what he expressed on the show...should've followed your mind it is usually always right. SAD but a learning lesson.

spokenword

Rob will give him a job at the Fantasy Factory.

Glamaccess79

Kinda of weird that a man that has never been arrested for DV suddenly does and screams out that he hates his career, which we all know is a lie, if he hated it, he would've quit a long time ago. This whole thing sounds like a set-up, a positive non-violent man now is violent, butting heads. Yea I wonder how that happened now? yea it makes sense to get fired from millions of dollars and endorsements, to live on 7500 an episode. Publicity stunt or a set-up. Cut your loses and move around, it's not worth being in jail or having a career and nothing to show for it.

Drk Gntlmn

Don't wife up women like Eve, she is nothing but pure GARBAGE!! She is known for violent temper on BB Wives, so I wouldn't be surprised IF she was the one who head butted Chad. You can't make a jump off a wife.....hurry up and get an annulment. This gutter s!ut is all about the money. Get yourself on the right path.

thehoch

First of all Chad has always been the type of guy who always wants to be the center of attention, the class clown. Now I am by far not a prejudice person, but I do notice patterns. I have noticed as an avid sports fan many African-American males who seem to always be trying to draw attention to themselves by saying things they shouldn't, breaking the rules, getting in trouble. Dennis Rodman, T.O. the list goes on and on....with that said, I wonder if this is cultural thing, a socio-economic thing, or something else....but definitely is problem in the African-American community with so many young black men either incarcerated, violent, or seeking attention. I wish Chad the best, but the guy really does need help. His career at this point is over, he wasn't taking his last chance with Dolphins seriously, and he married some woman with so many warning signs to stay away, it isn't funny. The guy has always been a ME FIRST type of player and now he has nothing and has no one to blame but himself. I truly feel sorry for the guy, too bad he'll be remember for being a clown rather than a great player and teammate. Sad, but true....

JimmydeansausageCo.

Who keeps rubber receipts anyway?

Always dog fights

Drk Gntlmn

Evelyn Lozada is known for her nasty temper and her violent behavior on the show. She knew Chad wanted to be with other women and she told him to wear a condom. My guess is her a$$ is the one who blew up and caused the boo boo on her head. Chad has no prior record of DV, or any type of violent behavior. Why this man lost his job makes no sense whatsoever. A form of punishment would be suspension or something to that extent, but that is ONLY if he is guilty. I think she found the receipt, he was trying to explain, she blew up and caused that laceration to her head. They should have locked her up as well. IMHO she is lying or it was an accident.

Sam Sunshine

Can't turn a hoe into a house wife. Trick! That's what you get for messing with the wrong bitch.

dale12

Wow...Chad's right up there with T.O., unemployed!....Oops, almost forgot...T.O. got a gig with the Seahawks!

tony gee

So you don't care about your career, huh?

Now Miami heard you and made your wishes come true!
Congratulations, you loser!