Evelyn Lozada

Rocked by Death

in the Family

8/13/2012 9:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0813_evelyn_lozada_gettyEvelyn Lozada is mourning her brother-in-law, who died tonight after a long battle with cancer ... TMZ has learned.

Anthony Ochoa who was married to Evelyn's sister Sylvia, made several appearances on "Basketball Wives" ... and just last month he escorted Evelyn down the aisle for her wedding to Chad Johnson.

0813_evelyn_lozada_anthony
We're told Anthony was featured prominently in the reality show about the wedding. As TMZ first reported ... VH1 has decided not to air the show after Chad's arrest for domestic battery.

We're told Anthony was surrounded by family members when he passed away in New York City.

Evelyn tells TMZ, "Anthony was an amazing husband, father, and brother-in-law. He will be dearly missed."

Anthony and Sylvia were married for more than 10 years, and had 2 children.

Anthony was 43.

Sassy

My sympathies to Evelyn and family, but especially her sister, Sylvia and Anthony's 2 kids. I'd wondered if he'd survive long enough to walk Ev down the aisle. Glad he held on for one last family celebration.

Celeb Gossip Addict

Boy oh boy. I don't know how she is dealing with all this at one time. I know her heart is broken in a million pieces.

5Louie

God bless Anthony

LDB

Bad weave

david 183

RIP

Iva

Why the hell are you speaking to aTMZ? Sounds like you caled this in to get sympathy if a family member of mine passed and I was famous I would say please respect my family's privacy while we mourn I wouldn't be doing interviews and sending them pictures. You are a manipulator and it's so obvious that you are the type to play VICTIM and you will do anything to smear and ruin someone else's life just like you tried to ruin Jennifer's life because you were mad she spoke truth and YOU were jealous of her. You did everything in your power to make her life hell even dragging your friends into your fights and now your doing everything you can to ruin Chad. You are so pathetic #boom!

Zeus of Hollywood

Wow... I truly feel sorry for her. First her husband headbutts her, the world blames her, she loses her job, now she loses her brother. Smh, so sad.

RespectHeavyD

What an ugly woman.....accused of stealing over HALF A MILLION from the bankruptcy court - which is really looking out for the taxpayers....marrying Chad Ochocinco for his money and fame.....being one of the biggest bullies, most violent and internally ugly women on TV and just a flat out bad person so of course she'll try to pimp her brother-in-law's death to score sympathy points...but hopefully the world won't buy it. She's just vile. KARMA is visiting her and it's right on time.

Amber

CANCER SUCKS!

jokerchick

RIP....such an appropriate jacket to wear to the hospital to visit someone that's DYING...and the "I'm sexy in the ICU" pose shows her level of concern; dumb bytch

Mrswhetstone4

Evelyn sorry the lost but Bitch Remeber the saying God Don't Like Ugly And Sure as Hell Anite To Find Of Pretty Bitch.....Now Grave Then Go Check Your Hoe Ass in Angermanagement

Sunset

Who is this gnarly little hoodrat? Why the hell is this on the site TMZ?

WorldGoneWild

RIP Anthony. Cancer is a beast. Evelyn should take a page out of her sister's book and find a man who can be a loving husband, father and brother-in-law. Not an aging egotistical football player who sticks his Johnson where it does not belong.

convinced

Gosh, she just can't catch a break, poor Evelyn. No one deserves this much stress in one week. She spoke highly of her brother, I wish she could've married someone of his caliber...not him, but someone with his qualities. anyway I sure do wish I couldve watched the reality show, though.

convinced

RIP Anthony, your sister really spoke highly of you, my dude. I knew something was amiss with Chad when he told Evelyn on Basketball Wives episode that she was the last slice of pizza in the box that nobody wanted. I started to hate him then and there. Shes a good woman, she deserves someone like her Bro in law, RIP Anthony

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments