Wayne Brady

BOOED for Trig Palin

Joke at Roseanne Roast

8/13/2012 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

081312_brady_roastFile this under "Things You Didn't Expect to Hear Today" -- Wayne Brady is under fire for a RACY joke he made at the "Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne" .... WAYNE BRADY!!!

So what subject was so touchy that the crowd actually booed?? Brady made a joke featuring Sarah Palin's son Trig ... who suffers from Down Syndrome.

Now for the joke ... which Brady made while addressing Jeff Ross:

"Now the thing is Jeff ... these are all jokes, and I really like you. I really, really like you. But a lot of people hate you, especially Sarah Palin because you remind her of what Trig is going to look like when he’s 40."

After some boos, Brady shot back, "Oh, now you boo me? F*ck y’all. I don’t want to hear that. These people say all of this sh*t about me, and you boo me because of Trig?”

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Bridget

Just an FYI, whoever wrote this article needs to get with the times and realize it is the year 2012, not 1930. Using the phrase "suffers from Down syndrome" is offensive. These individuals aren't suffering just because they have an extra chromosome. Also, for such a short article you'd think you could take the time to research what you are writing about. The proper way to write "Down syndrome" is as shown here, as opposed to "Down Syndrome."

momofchildwithDS

As a mom with a child who has Down Syndrome it amazes me how society can be so insensitive. Wayne Brady made a bad call and has now sincerely apologized to our community. As for the people on here that don't understand why someone would be offended by that joke.. well you all have a lot of growing up to do. I have a great sense of humor. Where the buck stops is when you pick on a community of people who cannot defend themselves. Black, old, overweight, people of many races can all stand up for themselves. People with cognitive disablilities cannot. That is where the difference lies. My son cannot change who he is. I wouldn't change who he is. He is adorable, incredibily funny and is unconditional in his love for all people. How many of you can say that for yourselves? I would take a hundred of my son to any one of you who don't take the time to understand where vulnerable people are coming from. Educate yourselves people. Have a little class.

mia

"... who suffers from Down Syndrome." I find this comment very offensive TMZ. Down Syndrome isn't something that you SUFFER from. People with down syndrome aren't suffering. Actually, it's been proven that they are found to be far more satisfied in their lives than us so called "normal" people.

Maria

What woul make a no talent, ugly, bald, nobody think that he has the right to make fun of anyone. i wonder if he has any mirrors in his house. As for talent, well excuse me, what has he done in the last 20 years. i rest my case.

Anarchy

I don't think Wayne crossed any sort of line. Every special needs person I've ever talked to has only wanted to be treated like they were a regular person. Which in my opinion places them in the line of fire. All you people who are criticizing Brady are placing people with disabilities on a pedestal they don't want to stand on

Gibbs1980

OMG! To all you crybabies, roasts are supposed to be offensive! If you dont like offensive jokes, then don't watch the show! All you people who have kids with downs, i guarantee that some of you laughed at jokes like that before your kids were born? Just admit it.

princessvmg

Hilarious... Shut up, you all laughed too. You know it.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8