Bam Margera

Detained & Cuffed in Airport

... for Reeking of Booze

8/14/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0813_bam_margera_wm
"Jackass" star Bam Margera wound up being dragged through a North Carolina airport in handcuffs this weekend ... for allegedly being a drunken pain in the ass ... and TMZ has the pic.

Bam spent several hours in a holding cell at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport on Sunday after airline employees refused to let him on his flight ... because he reeked of booze and was cussing like a sailor ... this according to the incident report.

Officials say ... Bam got loud and combative... and cussed even more ... so law enforcement was called in, handcuffed Margera and immediately removed him from the area (above).

TMZ spoke with Bam ... who admits he was loud and obnoxious ... but insists he was NOT drunk at the time. Bam says the alcoholic odor was merely "left over" from a bender the night before.

After he was released from the holding cell, Bam says the airline booked him on a later flight ... which he boarded without incident.

We reached out to the Charlotte airport police ... but so far, no word back.

1128_cop_encounters_footer

Phishie from Philly

I guess bam has to live up to his heritage of being a JACKASS! Really dude, you could change your clothes and get a shower before getting on the plane.
Phishie from Philly

Don't Drink the Kool-Aid

Being drunk and obnoxious may be "cool" if you are a teenager, but when you hit your 30's, it's a problem.

Gretel

Okay, apparently I am missing something. If I am out somewhere I limit my alcohol intake and don't drive. If I plan to get falling down, passing out drunk I stay home or stay indoors where it is private. If I am going to, let's just say, to the Charlotte airport I will dress like a normal person. Those clothes may not get a second look in whatever god forsaken place that asshat comes from, but it screams LOOK AT ME I AM DIFFERENT, I AM IN YOUR FACE. I guess it got him the attention he wanted. What an idiot.

Linds

When I think of the money he makes, I cringe. I wish I could act like a complete tool and rake in millions.

Sofondacox

Shame. I always liked Bam, but it looks like he's heading towards a meltdown. You are in your 30's now pal, time to grow up.

CriticXtreme

This guy will say and do anything to stay relevant. Tick..tick..tick..tick...tick...tick...hear it????? It's 14:59.

Ali

That cop is hot! (Bam is not.)

EastCoastChopper

Don't know much about this Bam Cat...but I do know that Pauly D. owes him big for setting the trend of talentless D baggers making bank!

whackness

Star???

Angelina

If it looks like a sleaze; acts like a sleaze, and smells like a sleaze.....

aworthlesshuman

If this worthless alcoholic closet *** dies, it'll only be a good thing.

Scott Anson

That's classic Bam!

Timo

This site if full of losers and haters. Bam, make your next million dollars by getting your butt and few other Jackass's onto Dr. Drew or another series of interventions. My 11 year old boy and I were horrified by Dunn's accident. You could be a wonderful example of overcoming Alcohol/Drug Abuse.

snowcat

It appears that Bam is the next one the Jackass guys need to do an intervention on.It saved Steve-O's life.Please do it quick,don't want him ending up like Ryan Dunn(RIP).

DOC

I figure he smelled more like vinegar (and water)

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments