« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Apologizes

'I Love Evelyn to Death'

8/14/2012 2:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0814_chad_ochocinco
Chad Johnson has broken his silence ... and has issued an apology "To everyone for the recent events that have occurred" involving his wife Evelyn Lozada.

Moments after Evelyn filed for divorce, Johnson released a statement on his website regarding his recent domestic violence arrest ... saying, "I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death."

He adds, "To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.  I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

Even though Johnson was dropped from the Miami Dolphins, the 34-year-old wide receiver doesn't believe his football career is over ... saying, "I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL."

update_bar
And now this ... Chad just changed his Twitter picture to a sign that reads "Rock ... Hard place" with arrows pointing in opposite directions. Wonder what he's trying to say ...

0814_chad_twitter_picture

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kelonearth

If the world can forgive Chris Brown, then Chad will be alright.

Carl

His NFL career has little to do with this. Yeah, he got cut, but once the worst of this blows over if he can still play he'll get a team. Just look at Michael Vick.

opal

No person should ever strike another person. With that said, I look at what women act like nowadays and see they are as combative and even worse so than men. The way they scream obscenties and act, I'm surprised there isn't more domestic violence. Mr. Johnson, everyone deserves to pick themselves up and dust themselves off, I hope you've learned a lesson in humbleness and humility and I hope you can bounce back from this.

Melissa So Cal

Oh yeah cuz she is 100% innocent in all this... She has some serious issues! OMG! I love how she does not take any responsibility for her actions... not saying anyone should put their hands on another person but her actions from BBW shows that she isn't the most level headed of people.

dawn

Have any of you people jumping on the Evelyn bandwagon actually SEEN this chick in action on BBW??? Innocent victim..I think NOT!!! She is a THUG!! Someone needs to arrest her for domestic abuse!!! Don't feel sorry for her at all..she was probably attacking him and in the midst of her brawl got head butted somehow!!!

Unbelievable

They both CRAZY and need medication and counseling. They brought out the worst in each other and that marriage was BOUND to fail. He did the right thing to apologize especially to his fans and those who support him. Get your life together CHAD.

Jodi

I'm sure his PR people told him to show his "softer" side. He needs work.

I am Spartacus

I guess just because you turn off Fifa or Call of Duty for a woman, it doesn't mean she's the one.

Phishie from Philly

Those words mean nothing! It's how you conduct yourself from here on out that matters. Words are cheap and easy to do. Redemption takes courage and is harder to do. You have a long and difficult road ahead of you. Who needs Dr Phil when you have PfP.
Phishie from Philly
Phishie from Philly

Michele

If the sport of football is so desperate for players that dog murderer Vick still has a career then I suppose that head butting Chad should be given another chance too.

South Beach

"I love you TO DEATH I just don't know why you make me beat you up"...Boy, if there ever a universal statement from abusers, this is it.

People, if someone is beating you, they don't love you. Period. Whatever their problem is, it's theirs. GET OUT AND DON'T LOOK BACK.

chefadam

She should leave a receipt for a large caliber handgun in the console of her Maserati and let Chad find it. Bet he wont hit her again. :)

Lulubelle

Black men just can't seem to stop beating up on their women.

Sandra

What a stupid jerk!! He needs to go away and stay there!!

simon says