« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chad Johnson

Apologizes

'I Love Evelyn to Death'

8/14/2012 2:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0814_chad_ochocinco
Chad Johnson has broken his silence ... and has issued an apology "To everyone for the recent events that have occurred" involving his wife Evelyn Lozada.

Moments after Evelyn filed for divorce, Johnson released a statement on his website regarding his recent domestic violence arrest ... saying, "I would like to wish Evelyn well and will never say anything bad about her because I truly love her to death."

He adds, "To all the fans and supporters I have disappointed, you have my sincerest apologies.  I will stay positive and get through this tough period in my life."

Even though Johnson was dropped from the Miami Dolphins, the 34-year-old wide receiver doesn't believe his football career is over ... saying, "I will continue to be positive and train hard for another opportunity in the NFL."

update_bar
And now this ... Chad just changed his Twitter picture to a sign that reads "Rock ... Hard place" with arrows pointing in opposite directions. Wonder what he's trying to say ...

0814_chad_twitter_picture

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

simon says

YOU love HER not her *****

Universal

He'll Be Fine....This is AMERICA PEOPLE!! Where If You Beat A Womans Ass, Females Come Out In THOUSANDS To Defend You. If He's Lucky He'll Bounce Back With A Few Albums And A Few Grammys LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Tiffany

There is always a second chance, and I am sure some team will give him one. He and Evelyn are two people who shouldn't be married. She is very abusive, although I think he did hurt her, she is a hot mess in the temper category. Love her to death? if they continue their relationship that statement will become fact.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I don't even believe Evelyn loves herself like that, so he shouldn't either! I'm sure she filed for divorce, because the man doesn't have an income now!

ratbag

Don't know if abusers should be advising their victims that "they love them to death." Often they do.

GardeniaRose

The hypocrisy is astounding. Evelyn says there is no excuse for domestic violence. But it's apparently ok for her to assault any woman who contradicts her. I stopped watching Basketball Wives because it just upset me. I would always comment: "That bitch belongs in jail." (similar thoughts on Drita from Mobwives. Assault is ok if it's done for ratings?

Chedmo

Note to Chad: Evelyn is a gold digger, as soon as you lost your job she was out, but needed an excuse to get out and unfortunately she found one quick.

theRealMccoy12

No one is staying Married nowdays.. the new trend is to get married for fun & think about future Mishap Marital issues later.. shout out to Ev & OchoSingle #RIP

Erika

Chad will be so much better off without that hot head in his life...shame he fell for her but now he knows what she really is all about....she'd probably head butted him and he is too classy to embarrass such a person....Chad, think of it as taking out the trash in your life.....Hope to see you in NY Jets uniform soon with T-E-B-O-W ...Dolphins loss..Jets gain ( soon to be announced I bet )

Becky

Rock and a hard place. Right, trying to make himself out to be the victim. Sorry, I can never take the side of a woman abuser.

The New Improved Sock Puppet

She is a bitch. If you just had to smack her around you should have made it worth your while instead of *****ing around.

kitnplayn

Don't be fooled by his rhetoric. I heard a death threat in that bogus apology. Anyway, apologies are for cir***stances that you didn't mean to happen. They are not an escape route for bad behaviour. Someone should tell that to the American public.

Sam Sunshine

Looks like you and T.O. Are going down the same rode.

Chris

Love the apology to everyone, but her with the busted head! He only wishes her well. Classic overpaid athlete! Next!

Duke5135

Damn! They couldn't make marriage last threw the honeymoon period!!!!! Smh