« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MARRIAGE OVER

Evelyn Files for Divorce

8/14/2012 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814_evelyn_lozada_tmz_chad_johnson
Chad Johnson
's wife of 6 weeks has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Evelyn Lozada filed legal docs moments ago in Florida, claiming her marriage is "irretrievably broken."

The trigger for the divorce was the domestic violence incident over the weekend, in which Chad Johnson was arrested after allegedly head-butting her during an argument.

Evelyn claimed she found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car.

According to the divorce docs, the couple had a prenup -- but that won't be a big deal since the marriage was shorter than Kim Kardashian's.

FYI -- Evelyn and Chad JUST got married on July 4th in St. Maarten ... and the whole ceremony was recorded for a VH1 reality show (VH1 has since pulled the plug on that ... for obvious reasons).

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Whatever

Evelyn Lozada reminds me of Tila tequila. I'm still not believing this story. Why was she waiting 30 minutes for the next door neighbor so he could call the police? Why not run to another neighbors house? If he was riding around the block looking for her, why not go back to their house and call the police? She wants to claim that she was arguing about him cheating but reveals on Kandi Burress' web show Kandi Koated nights that she has 3somes and tosses salad for Chad. I hate when basic bitches try and play the victim angle when they know gullible people will fall for it. If Chad wasn't so caught up in his attention whoring antics he could've avoided this train-wreck WAY before he walked down the aisle. Hopefully, these two have learned their lesson and mature ASAP!

ERIKA LONG BEACH,CA

KARMA IS A BITCH you like putting hand on people evelyn ....now u got a taste of your own medicen. SUCK IT UP!

gigigaga

I am not sure who is sleazier and lacks morals Evelyn or Chad. They both are losers and were only interested in the publicity. Its hard to have a relationship with 3 people in it, the third being their egos. What is so funny to me is that Evelyn thinks she deserves sympathy in this. When she is the biggest bully, sex-craved, egomaniac out there(besides KK) and how stupid is Chad for falling for her. He was only interested in her looks but, than again there are plenty of women out there with looks and class. I feel sorry for Chad's children and Evelyn's daughther, how embarrassing. Why doesn't Chad go back to his baby's mama. I am sure she would have treated him much better. Evelyn and Chad both deserve this and what has happpend. I don't think anyone is schocked.

vanity_6

Chad just need to come back to Cincinnati and say **** that hoe

ironmen332000

I think that they both need help. I do not condone a man hiting a women, but ialso don't think that it is fare
for a women to push a man until he loose control. There is a part that they both played in the heat of the battle and they need to admit it. If i was the owner of the team, firing him is not a good idea because you did not help him. I would have made him get some counseling plus make him speak again'st men abusing women and make him spend some time with kids that has seen they parents being abused or kids that are abusive to women. You can't fix something by running away from fit, you have to go straight to the problem and see how you can fix it and turn it into a positive. This has went way to fare without someone trying to fix it rather then puting gas on a fire...

be real

R U KIDDING ME TMZ- ALL THESE TITLES BASHING CHAD..

BUT NOT ONE SHOWING EVIL EVELYN CHARACTER

HARVE YOU RAC!ST

R U KIDDING ME TMZ- ALL THESE TITLES BASHING CHAD..

BUT NOT ONE SHOWING EVIL EVELYN CHARACTER

HARVE YOU RAC!ST

R U KIDDING ME TMZ- ALL THESE TITLES BASHING CHAD..

BUT NOT ONE SHOWING EVIL EVELYN CHARACTER

HARVE YOU RAC!ST

be real

DO YOUR JOB TMZ

REPORT FAIRLY

LET ME HELP YOU GUYS DO YOUR JOB. EVVERYONE CLICK THIS LINK SEE THE REAL EVLYN-

EVIL; WITH OF THE BBW

ANYONE CAN ACCUSE A MAN OF ANYTHING AND THEY AUTOMATICALLY CORRECT!!!!YT MEDIA WILL CRUCIFY HIM BEFORE THE WHOLE TRUTH IS KNOWN.

julia

that bitch eveyln is stupid that bitch knew what she was getting her self into shes on tape saying that it was ok for chad to cheat aslong as she sees the girl first so they all can have a threesome and now she's mad becuase he's doing what she said he can do.

is

leigh

Now THIS is an insult to marriage. I'm a pretty strict christian but when I see people that get married and then just divorce not even a year into it, it's a shame. There are people who love love love each other even though they are the same sex, they want the rights a marriage would give them and yet they are denied but people like this who get married for TV then divorce for TV...it's disgusting!

FaithRanger

You knew that he needed professional help before you married him. You both need professional help agree for him to have othe women is in sain. You all
should be against the law to marry.

Buckwheat

She was smart to get out. If he was beating her when he still had a football career and a reality show in the works, she would have become his punching bag now since he has nowhere to go, and nothing to do but take it out on her. You go girl! And I'd file a restraining order as well. Look up loser in the dictionary and you will have a choice between Chad JOHNSON and TO.

Roteryia Ford

I can believe this would happen. I think Evelyn should get herself together as well as she say Chad does. Marriage is not a contract but a covenant to God. Evelyn you knew Chad was not a change man before you married him.

2Real

Dont get f-- get married,when u are unstable and have issues trusting men,or if you as a man have a problem with staying faithful.Leave marriage to the grownups and mature folks that understand what its truly about.I understand there is no cause for a woman to be hit or beaten.I will never support a man that puts his hand on a woman.However,I was not there, so i know not what is true.What i do know, is the young woman Evelyn has a real out of control temper and issues with men and women.She fights even when unprovoked.I have no idea how she got him down the aisle.I could see trouble brewing way before the marriage took place.

2Real

This low class female cost him his career.He knew this crazy Evelyn was bad news.I know the body is misleading ,but the package is poison. A lesson to both men and women, the person you are with can either keep you going to the top, or tear you down, way down in Chad's case.His kids will suffer for this too.Women like Evelyn are so injured they don't know the difference, nor how to be in, or sustain a healthy relationship.When two are both spitfire, and wild, just leave it alone.You need someone whom can balance you out.If you are both crazy its just a matter time before there is a train wreck or explosion and there you have it..

SaraD