« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MARRIAGE OVER

Evelyn Files for Divorce

8/14/2012 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814_evelyn_lozada_tmz_chad_johnson
Chad Johnson
's wife of 6 weeks has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Evelyn Lozada filed legal docs moments ago in Florida, claiming her marriage is "irretrievably broken."

The trigger for the divorce was the domestic violence incident over the weekend, in which Chad Johnson was arrested after allegedly head-butting her during an argument.

Evelyn claimed she found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car.

According to the divorce docs, the couple had a prenup -- but that won't be a big deal since the marriage was shorter than Kim Kardashian's.

FYI -- Evelyn and Chad JUST got married on July 4th in St. Maarten ... and the whole ceremony was recorded for a VH1 reality show (VH1 has since pulled the plug on that ... for obvious reasons).

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mike44090

HURRAY!!! I knew somebody would come along and knock Kim K off the the top of her heap of trash. How many day's did Eve & Ocho beat them by ?

nicaw

The fat lady hasn't sung yet so it's not quite over. I hope she doesn't back down and goes through with the divorce. Maybe she can get her gig back on Basketball Wives or start a Football Wives edition? Additionally, I hope that she understands what being a victim is and can temper her anger in future situations with other people.

As for him, he's completely SOL.

crowballs

Why do i have the feeling Chad will somehow end up with Octomom?

karenjj

There was a scene with these two on Basketball Wives where they talk about bringing a third person into their bed and she was okay with that. SO WHY THE HELL WAS SHE SO SURPRISED WHEN SHE FOUND A RECEIPT FOR CONDOMS?? She was basicially saying I know you will cheat on me so let's do it together. Dumbass. I'm not saying she deserved to be head butted but come on, Ev. You knew who you were marrying. Sheez...

virgolady

Good for you, Evie...DUMP the CHUMP and keep it MOVIN'. If it happens ONCE it will happen TWICE. Nip it in the BUD, girlfriend!

Nadine

Yet a same sex couple can't get married because it would ruin the sanction of marriage? You mean to tell me the marriage is broken now? Not when she told him it was ok for him to cheat as long as he used a condom. If a man would talk to me the way he did to her, I would have sent him packing then.

LRT

Good for her! What a coward to do that to a woman.. Good Luck wife number 2...

MaggieLou

She is a violent, money grabbing, fame whore. When her ex went broke she dumped him and went trolling for another. Maybe she head-butted him. Who is to say. You fellas better wake up and be aware!!

loloagogo

Dear Evelyn and The Fellow Hood Rats, it is very apparent you tools are commenting and when you due. Spelling, be it rite or rong you get the point, right? Evelyn is the poster child for beating up women. Watch past episodes of BBW. If all you can put some1 down for is ther spellin and knot addressing the fact that this bi*ch abuses women on national television say it all. Know lets see how mani typos you find bi*ches! xoxo

kitnplayn

C.R.E.E.P.

Jen

I would headbutt her too! That gold digging wh0re is the nastiest person I have ever seen in my life! She is just a horrible, horrible, horrible person. Good riddance to her!

I am Spartacus

First she took out an NBA player's bank account, now she moved on to the NFL, next up... The Show. Watch your bank accounts MLB players.

Joey Dernman

Dude looks and acts liek a total tool, typical idiot rapper!

www.At-Anon.tk

Soamazing

I won't believe this is over for a while.

unavailable

Evelyn is the devil. If she really loved him and was a Godly person she would take her marriage as for better or worse. She starts all the drama that comes her way and now she wants sympathy smh! I hope he gets a job doing his thing and when the divorce is final she gets NOTHING!she is evil and everything she is doing is going to back fire SLUM BUCKET BITCH! now turn that non mf into a factor