« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MARRIAGE OVER

Evelyn Files for Divorce

8/14/2012 12:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0814_evelyn_lozada_tmz_chad_johnson
Chad Johnson
's wife of 6 weeks has filed for divorce ... TMZ has learned.

Evelyn Lozada filed legal docs moments ago in Florida, claiming her marriage is "irretrievably broken."

The trigger for the divorce was the domestic violence incident over the weekend, in which Chad Johnson was arrested after allegedly head-butting her during an argument.

Evelyn claimed she found a receipt for a box of condoms in his car.

According to the divorce docs, the couple had a prenup -- but that won't be a big deal since the marriage was shorter than Kim Kardashian's.

FYI -- Evelyn and Chad JUST got married on July 4th in St. Maarten ... and the whole ceremony was recorded for a VH1 reality show (VH1 has since pulled the plug on that ... for obvious reasons).

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

lynn

these two hoodlums belong together.

Duke5135

Smh! Hope she isn't pregnant!!! That would definitely make a great Reality show!!! Lol

FukUall6787

She ain't nothing but a gold diggin hoe just wanting some good d1ck at the same time,just like the rest of them hoez out there.

its true that real money can get you some good ***** whether you agree or not.

FukUall6787

its true that real money can get you some good pu$$y whether you agree or not

kim

evil evelyn.
that’s one bad karma bishhhh. ratting out your man like that and ruining his life. she is psycho as we’ve all seen publicly and openly on BBW, she is no stranger to promoting and inflicting violence. I’m in no way an advocate for abuse, but there’s always 3 sides to a story….I have no sympathy for this woman. none! I’m equally disapointed in both the dolphins team and vh1.

Dominique

I'm definitely not surprised!!...This train wreck couple life's keeps getting worse and worse!!...I guess they both weren't about this life!!....LMAO!!....:)

Roe

He is a ******* who thinks he is the best football player and she is only known for being a whore and beating up on people. I am so glad VH1 pulled the plug on their show. The icing on the cake for me will be to have her dumb non mother *ucking factor ass off of BBW. We need to stop paying attention to this bull**** and maybe these 2 dumbasses will go away forever.

KINA

She TOLD him he could have affairs as long as he used a condom...and hmm lets think..he was already going to cheat...and you just gave him the green light so WTF WERE YOU MAD AT? But its so funny even I said, evelyn is bull****ten. that chicks snaps over someone spelling her name wrong, who did she think she was fooling?

Cindy

The good news here is he was practicing safe sex.

Racer X

On BBW, women have been bullied, slapped, wine bottle ducking, drink thrown in face
from America to Europe to the South Seas.
Show not cancelled by VH-1.
Without legal due process, based on "hearsay" as we still have not seen the receipt, or the facial scar, VH-1 cancels a show before it airs.
SMDH. Violence against women by women should be as unacceptable. Black women clowning =good tv, Black man accused of hitting woman =bad tv.

Shadow.

Like he didnt kno i mean **** you head butted a hood rat of course she leaving and yes with everything lmfaooo. #bankrupt

kromen

I wonder if she filed before, or after, VH1 pulled the plug on their show?

RUKidding

I'm happy if she leaves him, I didn't think she would. I thought he'd do a Kobe on her and she is money hungry and stay. There is hope for her yet, self respect a bit now with me if she leaves the wimp of a man.

Metta Worldhate

Haha, you have no love.

christy

I think she head butted him and got hurt! Anyone who has watched basketball wives knows she's the violent one! I've never seen him get crazy! Oh well I wasn't there, we will never know the TRUTH