Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

sroberts2037

I hope she comes out alright, she may have some strange parenting but seems like a good person

Fifty Shades of WTF

Keeping very good thoughts for Mayim.

Yankeemon90

Thank God, her husband tweeted on her account that she's going to be keeping all her fingers!

"In pain but will keep all my fingers. If u wanna See pre accident me watch The Soup tonight lol"

I hope she has a full and speedy recovery!

Alison

I hope you recover quickly!

Throwback kid

Who was driving the other car, Amanda Bynes?

will

I feel A Very Special Blossom coming on...

ken kleck

judging by the accident photo it couldve seriously been alot worse. im pulling for my favorite actress on television.

David

Seems rather serious for what appears to be a rather mild accident. The only way i can see her having her finger severed is if her hand was out the window while the accident happened.

DaveT

Hope she pulls through without losing anything, I always liked Mayim's positive upbeat attitude she portrayed as an actress, such as in Beaches or my younger sister's favorite show back in the day, Blossom.

Pamela Sweet

I hope she is ok. She is so talented, smart and funny.

Rick Sesman

I was there in that area ... it was bad with traffic being diverted all over the place ...

Hollywood and La Brea is a bad corner for hits near hits.

paulwaszkiewicz

Prayers for a full recovery sent her way...<3

bambam

I'm glad she gets to keep all of her fingers. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Question for TMZ. Why would you refer to her as an actress from a TV series she did 20 years ago instead of referring to the mega-hit series she's on now? Doesn't make much sense.

Jballs

Sad

get a life ho

I saw it after she was taken away . Drivers side air bags were all deployed .
Hollywood & LaBrea was closed off like it was some major crime scene backing up traffic big time .
I'm glad she will be ok .