Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

Jody

Her rep, not some lying, EXAGGERATING source said last night that she was doing fine and would be returning to work today.

If her fingers were nearly severed, I really don't think that would be possible.

elysummers

Thank god she was in a Volvo?

ALLAN LEVITZ

i hope mayim b. will be all right she is a fine actress and is so good on the big bang theory

rosebud

Amy is my favorite on the big bang theory.

Marcey Jablonski

"Tourists"? Uh huh sure, more like illegals here ruining our great state of California.

Christine

I'm so sorry about your accident, Mayim. I saw you on "What Not to Wear" and you seem like such a sweet person. Some of the "Big Bang Theory" episodes are the ones with you in them! Take care and have a speedy recovery.

Matt k

WHOA!!!!!!

toothteacher

Love her as Amy on Big Bang Theory.
Hope all goes well. She is very blessed that it wasn't more serious. I see that she is holding a child in the picture, luckily no child in the car with her. Glad she was driving a Volvo.

Christine

I meant to say, "some of the BEST Big Bang Theory episodes are with you in them in them!"

Squeaky Shoes

i guess volvo's just aren't as safe as they used to be... i saw an older older upside down on the highway once.. stuff littered all over the inside of the car, and all 4 occupants standing unscathed on the side of the road just shaking their heads. but blossom gets in a fender bender, loses a bumper and almost a finger

patardugno

Give it plenty of time to heal, & then gently exercise it everyday until the nerves react. Don't give up. It took 1 1/2 years for my big toe to bend again after dislocating it.
My 1st husband broke all his toes on 1 of his feet, but he never tried to exercise them, so they still don't bend.
That is why I was determined to bend my big toe. I am not only too good for him, but I am also better than him!!! LOL!!

Jo

Why - in all these stories about celebs - being hurt or sick - are they "rushed" to the hospital? Or emergency crews "raced" to the scene? Is that different than normal people? My sister has had to use emergency services and an ambulance 3 times this past year. They didn't stop for a Dairy Queen on the way - so what's the the "rushed" and "raced" on a celebrity? That's what emergency services do.

Criminy

I hope you feel better soon, Mayim Bialik.. You are great on tv... then and now. Thanks for all you give. It is your turn to receive.

Marvin Wolf Attorney