Mayim Bialik

Hospitalized in Car Wreck

May Lose Finger

8/15/2012 2:43 PM PDT UPDATED: 8/15/2012 4:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_tmz_2update_bar
4:35 PM PT --
MAYIM'S FINGERS ARE SAFE ... but they're not entirely functional yet -- the actress just tweeted that she "will keep all my fingers," but admitted her husband had to type the message.

0314_divider_graphic
Mayim Bialik
sustained serious injuries in a car accident in Los Angeles this afternoon ... and sources tell us the "Big Bang Theory" actress is in danger of losing her finger.

It all went down on the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and La Brea around noon ... sources tell us the former "Blossom" actress was traveling alone in a white Volvo which was struck in the intersection by another vehicle filled with tourists from Chile.

We're told emergency responders raced to the scene. One source tells us there was "tons and tons of blood everywhere."

Sources tell us Bialik sustained major damage to her left hand ... and "her finger was almost completely severed ... it was just hanging there."

We're told 36-year-old Mayim was rushed to a nearby hospital where she is being treated.
0815_mayim_bailik_article_car_accident_scene_tmzStory developing ...

Kathleen

I wonder if they offered her a hot beverage when she got to the hospital?

Kathleen

I wonder if they offered her a hot beverage when she got to the hospital?

jeff

Thank Volvo for the 5 star rating on ALL of their vehicles.

cws

Mayim's finger...Kaley's leg...they boys better be careful next off season.

Best Wishes Mayim

Tyler

Who is MAYIM BIALIK?

Rachel

I could be wrong here, but...
it's front bumper damage. The passenger cage is not invaded & the windshield is intact. HTH did she cut her finger so badly?

Jo

Believe it or not, this woman is a real neuroscientist and actually does research, so her hands need to function well to do the work.

pugz

smart chicks are SO hot!!

Derrick

I'm glad she seems to be alright, and I'm even more glad that her kids weren't in the car with her at the time.

Dave

If I was her I'd have given them the finger and told them to F off!!!

Raul

They can always remove a toe and put that in the finger's place.

Syl

Really, that car does not look that bad. I thought Volvo was one of the safer cars. Did she have her hand outside the vehicle?

Linda

My husband cut 3 of his fingers and his thumb almost off on a saw.They reatached them all. It took him awhile to heal.But now days they can do a lot.Also from the look of the car how did she cut her finger?

eaemerson13

TMZ said she was wearing a white jacket and it was red because there was so much blood. Tonight I watched Wed. night's "Soup" and saw her guest appearance & noticed she was wearing a white jean jacket. Did the accident happen on the way home from that taping?

ronald

if she loses her finger its ok cause her soul body servies death. all she has to do is put her spirit finger near an object to move them try it it works