Shia LaBeouf

'Transformers' Felt Like

A 'Finger Up My Ass'

8/15/2012 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0815_tmz_shia_labeoufShia LaBeouf claims filming "Transformers" felt like having a "a finger up your ass" -- and now, the actor says he's quitting big budget movies for good.

26-year-old Shia spoke with The Hollywood Reporter recently, swearing off studio flicks for the rest of his life ... in favor of a career in indie films -- saying, "I'm done ... There's no room for being a visionary in the studio system. It literally cannot exist."

Shia said, "You give Terrence Malick a movie like 'Transformers', and he's f**ked. There's no way for him to exist in that world."

Shia then gushed about the people behind his new movie "Lawless" -- saying, "These dudes are a miracle ... They give you the money, and they trust you -- [unlike the studios, which] give you the money, then get on a plane and come to the set and stick a finger up your ass and chase you around for five months."

That stinks.

Lu

Well whatever you feel about Shia he is right. The people who front the money tend to have a lot of control of the art side of the movie.

texaschickeee

I give him less the 3 years before he is begging for a film. As far as the finger, He knows because he gay.

TJ741

I'M IN .... just give me the money & hey ...
"TRUST ME "- whats WRONG with his head ??? the people fronting the money have a RIGHT to know how its being spent,... DUHHHHH

Dominee

Allow me to translate: I have made enough money to live in luxury for the next 60 years. I want to continue acting but now that I am rich I dont like people telling me what to do. Indy films will be better because B*tches will listen to me.

lrmrgn

I don't usually like huge action movies, but I really liked the Transformer movies, and I liked Shia in them. Disappointed, after hearing this I will view his performance differently.

LongJohn69

He loved it & he knows it!

jack

Ha! There goes HIS career...

John Church

Sure. Rip the mainstream film industry AFTER you have made all of the money you will ever need. Such class.

Let's see how long this lasts before he tries to go back to big budget paydays.

Symian

Ah. Another swollen headed actor who has banked some good money and now thinks he is the only reason for his success. We all see the type, the ones who talk about "craft" - but what he doesn't understand is that "craft" is for actors on a stage doing plays, and movies are pure entertainment. In movies you get do-overs, on a stage you do not.

And his money, it won't last. It never does.

rita.maria

IN MY EYES HE'S A GREAT ACTOR. BUT I JUST THINK HE NEED'S TO BE MORE HAPPY WITH HIMSELF AND LIFE. C'MON NOW HE IS A DIRTY RICH MOTHER ****ER AND BLESSED WITH TALENT AND NOW HE IS COMPLAINING **** ALL I KNOW IF I HAD WHAT HE HAVE'S IN LIFE I WOULD BE SOOOOOO HAPPY WITH MY LIFE =)

Rick Bastardly

So he's tired of being in movies that suck ass? Well that is good maybe he can finally do something good with his career instead of being Steven Speilbergs bitch.

JP

his acting skills are a finger up the ass.

LoLoAngel

Oh wow, such major problems!!! REally, really??? Those big budget movies sure made you a millionaire Shia...grow up twit! You CHOSE to become an actor, didn't you???

MooMilks

Ummmmm, I really don't mind taking his spot. Does he not realize how many ppl who are in the middle class and under that would love to have his spot?

Mirna

Why so much hate? What did he do wrong? He doesn't like doing big budget films, so what?