Rihanna

Cries Over Chris Brown

'He Needed Help'

8/16/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_rihanna_own_01
With tears pouring down her face, an emotional Rihanna opened up to Oprah about Chris Brown ... describing how she "lost her best friend" after he attacked her back in 2009.

During the interview, set to air Sunday night on OWN, Rihanna described her emotions following the beating.

"It was a weird, confusing space to be in ... because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help ... and who's going to help him?"

Rihanna continued, "Nobody's going to say he needs help. Everybody's going to say he's a monster without looking at the source ... and I was more concerned about him."

"I lost my best friend ... everything I knew switched ... switched in a night and I couldn't control that."

Brown ultimately pled guilty to felony assault for the 2009 beating and was sentenced to 5 years probation and was ordered to stay away from the singer. The restraining order has since been lifted.

TiffC

I'd beat on the inside of her bum with my cack.

kaden000

my neighbor's aunt makes $76 every hour on the laptop. She has been laid off for eight months but last month her income was $21741 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site www.LazyCash32.com

Glory Bee

You're in the spotlight Miss R. You are showing us that his sickness is the most important thing to you. Extremely unhealthy. I have extensive experiance in this. Yes, he's sick. That is actually NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! He's an adult, making adult decisions. You are equally sick. Making equally bad decisions. The only person you can help is YOU. Do so please. In particular because you seek out the spotlight. You just validated abuse to all your fans. Change or not. If not, death awaits because violence either ends or escalates. Quickly.

Dnice

I applaud her honesty. Domestic violence can be confusing, some ppl (obviously not the ones posting on this status) love unconditionally and the "love switch" doesn't get turned off immediately, even when the other person makes a very big mistake. I dont think she should be frowned upon for being honest and in forgiving him, she has freed herself of the torment as well.

Wayno

this is not uncommon. She felt like she needed to protect him and he's the abuser…BOTH ARE DUMBASSES!

Kitt

Girl..you need help...

The New Improved Sock Puppet

I almost felt bad for her then I remembered the shoe print on her forehead and came back to my senses.

Tear

enough all ready

Cujeaux

Time to move on RiRi. The stripping campaign didn't work and going on Oprah to cry about it will just piss him off more.

Who the Hell is Khloe

Oh please! Shut up! I can't stand to see her face!

CLINT

This sh!t talking girl is nuts. Pretty sure she lit the fuse that caused Brown to explode. It wasn't right what he did. But she is no angel herself. I'll never understand a woman who either goes back to their abuser over and over, or has sympathy for the same abuser.

nisiek

Hey bimbo he is a violent prick who has proven to me a major douche over and over again....he needs to be beat down just like Chad no man should ever. Be forgiven for beating a woman, she needs to wake up

BB not bb

He is a grown man who chose to show her who is boss and she is making excuses. She can't bear the humiliation. She needs to stay away. He will always be evil and hate her, whether she can accept it or not.

You can't help someone like that. You can't help someone with the heart of a demon. He is no good. She seems to have good in her and that just enrages him. She is not safe around him, she can't help him, and she needs to give him up.

It is sad to see her so lost without him. That just shows how false the relationship is. He is keeping her in a false sense of reality, that she needs him and needs to sacrifice herself for him. She is just sacrificing herself to the devil.

A healthy relationship is not obsessive. She should be able to live with herself without needing him in her life. He is not building her up but making her feel less without him. Maybe he is a vampire.

LittleBIt

Because you are young Rihanna, you dont fully understand men who batter. YES, he sure DOES have a problem and needs help but this is who Chris Brown is honey. He flipped out after a GMA apperance and trashed his dressing room and threw a chair at a window cracking it. He has got some serious anger problems and unless he gets professional help - he is NOT going to change. Do NOT feel sorry for him. It is his fault and only his fault. You deserve a good guy who treats you with respect. Walk away from this guy - he is NOT your friend. Only a matter of time until he explodes again.

Mikey

She's a DUNCE. No wonder her accountant ripped her off and CB beat on her.