Rihanna

Cries Over Chris Brown

'He Needed Help'

8/16/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_rihanna_own_01
With tears pouring down her face, an emotional Rihanna opened up to Oprah about Chris Brown ... describing how she "lost her best friend" after he attacked her back in 2009.

During the interview, set to air Sunday night on OWN, Rihanna described her emotions following the beating.

"It was a weird, confusing space to be in ... because as angry as I was, as angry and hurt and betrayed, I just felt like he made that mistake because he needed help ... and who's going to help him?"

Rihanna continued, "Nobody's going to say he needs help. Everybody's going to say he's a monster without looking at the source ... and I was more concerned about him."

"I lost my best friend ... everything I knew switched ... switched in a night and I couldn't control that."

Brown ultimately pled guilty to felony assault for the 2009 beating and was sentenced to 5 years probation and was ordered to stay away from the singer. The restraining order has since been lifted.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Interview confirms she's a dummy.

Mikey

No doubt any guy that's ever dated her has said at one point "STFU"!

TheMarshmallowMan

This sounds like typical Stockholm Syndrome, I also don't think Chris is a bad guy, people who abuse others ususally grew up witnessing the same thing so they think it's normal, she's right, he needs help but her making excuses is sad.

laura

Classic battered wife/gf syndrome...

Mikey

In my medical opinion Chris Brown has Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy.

BigmoneyBleezy

Oprah is struggling...this has no appeal to me what-so-ever.

Fuck Celebrities

She's a big a talentless piece of $h1T as he is.

LDB

Rihanna is a terrible role model. Where were those tears when you made that shi*t song birthday cake with him?

Luz

Is she still dragging attention and making money on the slaps she got because she probably deserved them? Please, do some work deserving of positive attention and move on!!!

backfire

Hello? Old story. Can't Oprah get a better news story?

go home!

How sad. Typical abuse victim mentality. He IS a monster Rihanna.

gege

P.S TMZ...youre late....like 4 days..lol

gege

Does anybody realize that they were teenagers?...
and this happened ONE TIME.
Yet people are letting Ochocinco and Charlie Sheen off the hook for actual domestic violence and being abusers...-_-

shar

Wow...how forgiving of her. First, I believe if she did say anything bad about him, she would have to watch her back... You obviously don't diss this guy.. her life and future would be over...

Jackie

Oh!...please...get a life. We are tired of your stupidity sh!t. I have a feeling that you're guilty of something that you might have done that day and feel like you deserved every single hit you got. POS