Tommy Lee

Legal Threats Over

Roller Coaster Drum Stunt

8/16/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0813_tommy_lee_getty
Tommy Lee
STOLE the idea behind his awesome upside-down rollercoaster drum solo thing -- so says an engineer from L.A., who claims he pitched the idea for the concert stunt back in 1991 ... and Lee ripped him off.

The engineer -- a guy named Scott King -- fired off a legal letter to Motley Crue's lawyers recently, claiming Lee turned down his pitch 20 years ago ... then jacked the drum-coaster idea for Motley Crue's 2011 tour.

King claims he never got a cent from the band -- and now, he's out for payback. If push comes to shove, King says he'll sue.

But Lee's attorneys aren't budging -- firing off their own letter in response, insisting King never pitched SQUAT to Lee ... and even if he did, King's rollercoaster model (which tracked all over the stage) is nothing like the stationary "drum ring" used by Lee at his concerts.

So far, no lawsuit has been filed.

Kartrashian Klown

Ugh...Tommy Lee is so cheap. Thats what a lot of "celebrities", do nowadays...steal ideas and use them later. Pay up Tommy.

Jordan

tommy lee is still alive didn't he die of a drug overdose or alcahol poising.

Eddie

Vince Neil killed Razzle. Tommy Lee let a child drown in his pool at a birthday party. Nikki Sixx is a cuckold, and Mick Mars is a lycanthrope. Did I get it all?

Pastlife

Remember when a drum solo was just a drummer showing his skills on the kit?

I'm a drummer who plays pretty well but I don't need a roller coaster to highlight that. I just play.

Seriously

Ok so if I told a film director "it would be cool if the subject was shot from over here...." can I sue him for choosing my angle? Wonk wonk

dyls_E

cool idea tho, looks great

Ace

Hot Wheels should get in on this lawsuit.

Andy Baylor

This is almost true story..HOWEVER, the "producer" is a mistaken.
The firsat band that did the traveling drum kit was either HP Lovecraft, or Chamaeleon...both Chicago bands. A friend saw them perform live, and the "drum rollercoaster:" tipped over!!
I'll post the correct name later.

Phishie from Philly

That's just what I want to see!
Phishie from Philly

Cool Breeze

They need a circus act to justify ticket prices because their music sucks.

Bigdogg

I've never seen so many haters in my life...... All a bunch of douches! Have you ever seen what type of work, time and effort goes into this type of production????? Beat it!

Brian

The guy will sue for what? Did he patent it? No. Any lawsuit would be a joke and the attorney who files it should be sanctioned.

TruthMuhSucka

mckayla maroney is still not impressed

buckwheat

Motley Crue sucks big time
Horrible music for mental midget rock n rollers

buckwheat

This stupid theatric is just a distaction from the fact he sucks

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments