Joey Kovar

'Real World' Star DEAD

Family Suspects Drugs

8/17/2012 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0817_joey_kovar_012
Joey Kovar -- the troubled "Real World" star who appeared on "Celebrity Rehab" -- was found dead at a friend's home near Chicago this morning ... and family members believe drugs are to blame ... TMZ has learned.

Kovar was 29 years old.

Kovar's rep tells TMZ ... Joey was discovered by a female friend early this morning who noticed blood coming out of Joey's ears and nose.

The woman called 911 ... and authorities rushed to the scene where he was pronounced dead.

0817_joel_kovar_cops_scene_tmz
Kovar had famously battled drug issues -- and sought help for cocaine and ecstasy during his stint on "Celeb Rehab."

While on "Real World: Hollywood," Kovar entered rehab halfway through the season for alcohol and drugs, admitting he'd struggled with substance abuse for years. It was a pretty powerful moment on the show.

0817_heading_to_rehab_launch

Virtual Insanity

29 is too young to die regardless of the cir***stances. My thoughts are with those who loved him.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The pics says it... sparked beyond recognition.

Meanie

Darwin - natural selection.

Cheryl A.

I cannot imagine being addicted to anything so I cannot say "it was so and so's fault" Drug addiction is so scarey, I wonder why ANYONE goes near them. Just sad. Condolences to his family.

KG

Dr. Drew had no shot to help this kid. When he was on MTV was taking roids + drugs.it was going to happen!

Sean

This is a hard thing to overcome. It is in no way Dr. Drew's fault.
The saddest thing about this whole deal is that he leaves behind a little girl. I feel so sorry for the mother having to tell her that her daddy is gone. I can not even imagine that.

Tinalouise

Instead of everyone blaming Dr. Drew I think we should be blaming the real culprits..his drug addicted parents who did coke with him when he was a young boy!!!! I believe he was also abused and beaten by a step-father..his parents created this and they should be held responsible for the life they created for this poor soul. I hope they look in the mirror and ask for forgiveness. Love your children more than you love drugs or a spouse people!!!

belmarjerzy

Cant say i didn't see that coming!

kronenburg

Just heartbreaking. I saw an interview with him about a year ago, and he was clean, looked healthy, had a positive outlook. Addiction is a horrible thing. I'm so sorry he couldn't ultimately overcome it. I feel for the family he's left behind.

trish

Once you are an addict, you struggle everyday with it forever. Everyone is responsible for themselves, but I think Dr. Drew seriously needs to reevaluate how he is treating patients. How many needless deaths from one show, such a shame.

Dylan261

Buckwheat, I agree with a lot of the things you say but just because somebody on here says something stupid like Dr. Drew is to blame does not mean they are liberal. It just means they are ignorant just like you because I am myself am liberal and don't say stuff like that. Have fun losing the election this coming fall. You talk like a true conservative. Throw something against the wall and hope it sticks...

hasina

Legitimate online jobs are available. Here is your chance to win lot of cash. My buddy's mom got paid $16132 a week ago. she gets paid on the computer and got a $338800 condo. All she did was get blessed and use the advice reported on this website

feinburgrl

Drug addiction is an hard thing to over come. Not having an control with this will only end with death.

dale12

Deepest condolences go out to Joey's family....I think everyone was pulling for Joey to make it in his fight over drug addiction.

hasina