« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Hope Solo is LYING ...

I Never Slapped Her

8/17/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_maksim-chmerkovskiy_hope_solo_getty_tmz
Maksim Chmerkovskiy is adamant ... he NEVER slapped Hope Solo across the face behind the scenes at "Dancing with the Stars" ... despite allegations she made in her new book.

TMZ has learned ... Maksim was absolutely shocked when he heard about the "completely false" story in Hope's book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope" ... in which the Team USA soccer star claims Maksim pulled a Rick James while trying to put her head in the correct position for a dancing move.

The two were partners on "DWTS" in 2011.

Sources close to Maksim tell us ... he has no idea why Solo would publish such a false and defamatory statement and doesn't know why she would have such ill will towards him ... especially because they've had dinner several times since the show ended.

In fact, Hope JUST tweeted Maksim right before the Olympics, offering him free seats to one of the Team USA soccer games.

Hope's rep tells TMZ, she stands by what she wrote in her autobiography.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

JustMe

I'm trying to figure out why this bitch even has a book? She 'ain't nothing special that anyone would want to read about her boring life.

Alex

Max is a very rude and vulgur person. I believe her 100%.

lily

Hope is a Witch that verbally abused her husband on the stupid reality show! (Who BTW is STILL trying to get 15 Minutes of fame and failing miserably!
Hope was injecting steroid on show, we all saw it and we know that
Steroids create violent person who would project on other self violence
Maybe steroid gone to her brain in this time?? Poor Max, he is not angel
He is a very proud man who would never slap a woman and he is not stupid to even have a possibility
To lose his job …Such Absurd …She is not first diva and she is lying, this is a cheap way to attract attention for 15 min
Hope stops using drugs!! She should go to do a lying detector..shame on you Hope

Sabrina

Those two belong together. Both are arrogant and have way too much testosterone. (Yeah, I'm saying Hope Solo is manly)

lily

Hope was injecting steroid on show, we all saw it and we know that
Steroids create violent person who would project on other self violence
Maybe steroid gone to her brain in this time?? Poor Max, he is not angel
Hope stops using drugs!! She should go to do a lying detector

DizzKid

Funny how she waited this long too finally come out about it. Sounds like attention seeking to me.

Renee

This chick has serious mental problems

News Flash

We saw you slap her MAX! You have physically abused everyone of the dancers except Kirstie Alley she liked it :)

Rose

Funny. I thought all their rehearsals were taped for the show as part of the drama. If that did happen, it would have been leaked and all over the media.

Rich

Never trust a woman. THEY LIE.

Courtney

I dont know if Max did slap her, but I remember that season and there was definitely tension between Hope and Max. That was the same season in which Max insulted the head judge Len Goodman. Max is one of the tougher pros on the show and I remember thinking toward the end that Hope does not seem to be enjoying this, it seems like she wants to get eliminated. It's hard to say what really happened.

JustSomeoneWhoKnows

Having grown up with Hope, we graduated together, I went and bought her book. I have never felt more betrayed in my life. On behalf of our hometown I want to extend a GIANT F YOU HOPE! You are a liar! And to say that that was our fight song is the icing on the cake. That is totally false. I like the poor little rich girl you betrayed to everyone. How about you tell them about the parties on your grandparents yacht. Or about the fact that that "little" house on Marshall was a two story with full basement. Do us all a favor and never come back here. Hopefully your fifteen minutes are just about up!

TMS

Looks like her next gig should be a ProActive commercial.

Dee

I don't believe her at all. Their sessions were always being recorded. How in the world would he be able to slap her and we are only hearing about it now. Why wouldn't she press charges against him? She is only doing it to try to get sales for her crappy book. She has serious problems!

MeLu

I believe something did happen but since I wasn't there I don't know what. One thing is for sure Maksim has known to lie himself and went on another show about how he encountered a ghost multiple times that cured him when he lives in Europe. Google "Celebrity Ghost Stories" and his name. I don't believe a word he says.