« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ryan Lochte

I'm TRADEMARKING

My Dumb Catchphrase ... JEAH!!!

8/17/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0816_ryan_lochte_grill_getty
Ryan Lochte
's annoying catchphrase "Jeah!" is a friggin' GOLD MINE -- at least that's what the swimmer believes ... because he just filed docs to lock up a trademark for the made-up word.

According to the trademark docs,  Ryan wants to use the word on sunglasses, workout DVDs, gift cards, mugs, drinking glasses, trading cards, calendars, posters, swimsuits, swim caps, sports hats, and water bottles.

In fact, Lochte's already getting the party started on his website -- selling "Jeah"-themed tees, hats, and sunglasses.

0816_ryan_lochte_jeahAccording to a 2009 interview, Ryan got the phrase from rapper Young Jeezy, who uses a similar word "Chea!" in his songs. Ryan says he changed it a little to "Jeah!" ... and says it means something "good." (skip to 1:00)

The trademark app is still pending.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PopTart

Mexicans have been saying Jeah for eons! Other words include NY Jankees, JOLO, Jesterday, Jew = You, & on & on.

Kabala

Dude should stick to swimming.

Master of Puppetz

Jim Breuer and James Hetfield where are you???!!!!

Johnbrnc

The GRILL!!! is what I'm talking about... what a white trash, ghetto wannabe, dumb jock. JEAH... cya later

ChuckA41

I'm ashamed to know that the rap group Compton's Most Wanted said that word back in the early 90's. This tool needs to get back in the pool, or go shave all his body hair off like a real man. Be gone until at least the next Olympics. That's when swimmers matter to anyone.

Matt Leppala

Welcome to 1996.. I used "JEAH" back in the AOL days.

cobrazombie

Those must-have items will be in the Walmart waste bin in a week.

jimmy d

He is jealous of hope solos massive beef stick

Faye

Ryan Lochte needs to STFU. He's starting to sound like a total jerk.

Matt

I'm going to trademark "lochteisadouchenozzle" stat. It sounds like there may be a market in the near future. JEAH!!!

South Side

Lochte is s a douche faucet.

Harlin's Garage

Look, your not gonna be the next Phelps so let's just knock it off...

Harlin's Garage

Darrell can't really explain this one, but this guy kinda pisses me off. I think I got this "smug" vibe from this dude from his first medal at the games. And to tell you the truth, his dad up there in the seats about gettin on my nerves too. Just this weird feeling about the guy.
(NOT like the weird feeling I get in my britches from Phelp's girl...)

Who the Hell is Khloe

Have you seen his interview on a today! This guy was high as hell!

tippitan

this guy is making himself look more and more like white trash. he got himself money and fame and apparently doesn't even know how to hold onto it. he needs to hire someone who can guide him on how to act while being a public spectacle because if he keeps this up, he's going to fade away quick.