« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Vanessa Bryant

I'd Support Kobe ...

Even If He Was a Loser

8/17/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0817_vanessa_kobe_bryant
Vanessa Bryant claims she's not a shallow gold-digging, championship-hoarding basketball wife ... insisting she would have married Kobe Bryant even if he NEVER won an NBA title.

Bryant is finally responding to critics who skewered her for the interview she did with New York Magazine in which she said, "I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships."

Now, Vanessa tells TMZ ... "I'm sad to hear that comments in my New York  Magazine interview are being misconstrued and taken out of context. I have and will continue to support my husband’s dreams."

Vanessa continues, "I have been with Kobe for 13 years. I accepted his marriage proposal PRIOR to him winning any of his 5 championships with his teammates."

"For anyone to think otherwise is wrong. It is not about being married to a ‘winner’ it is about our sacrifice as a family. “

FYI -- Kobe and Vanessa got engaged in May 2000 ... and he won his first championship in June of 2000.

0612_KOBE_VANESSA_FOOTER

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ProudTexEx

This is a true story. Kobe Bryant surrounds himself with leaches (not leeches) Kobe's Phys. Therapist raped me when I was 7, made me drink his pee at my beach house, all sorts of awful things. He's my first cousin and 35 years later he STILL taunts me to my face and thinks it's funny. Titus is his name. First or last name I won't say...

Bud Wally

She also accepted Kobe's need to glaze.

Majestik

Exactly why did the magazine find it important to interview her? Isn't there enough garbage on t.v. to write about with Basketball Wives? Seems to me, if she really said that she should be a good wife and just STFU from now on. I guess being the wife of an athlete doesn't require any kind of I.Q.

ner

I'm with her. If you are sacrificing your family by spending so much time apart.. make it worth it. In his profession, making it worth it would be winning a damn championship!!! That's exactly what she's saying.

Blue Lake

She even supports him when he bends a young girl over a chair, rapes her and makes her bleed. Yeah, you're a wonderful judge of character, Vanessa. How much did he pay for that jewelry? Four million?

Texas-Writer

She let the truth about herself slip out in the interview, and now it is OUR FAULT for believing she meant what she said. She spends lots of time staring at herself in the mirror ... but she's not seeing what she has become. I thought I could never say this, but I actually feel sorry for Kobe.

adelle

I read the interview she gave to one of these magazines on dlisted the other day. The words "Nouveau riche" come to mind when reading it. It makes me laugh to see how full of herself this woman is, yet she is totally oblivious to how utterly tacky she sounds when she name drops and talks about how rich she is. She needs everyone to know she isn't just some hood rat out of east LA but in all honesty, that's exactly how she comes off. Like a desperate, tacky, hood rat that is desperate to prove herself. Btw Vanessa, calling your dog Gucci is tacky. I doubt Choupette Lagerfeld would even give your tacky mutt the time of day, let alone would many 1% of the population even give you the time of day after reading that mess of an interview you gave trying so hard to prove to people how very rich you are. No one likes the smell of desperation.

ohboy

She might have still married him if he didn't help win a Championship, but she sure as heck would NOT have married him if he never played in the NBA. She is most definitely a gold-digger. She is staying with him so he will make more money, she is just being methodical about it. They will get divorced in a couple years.

Quinn

how do you take
"I certainly would not want to be married to somebody that can't win championships." out of context?

freddynava

All of you are ridiculous. If she was a gold digging whore like one of you stated. She would have went on with the divorce then to 1/2 his fortune! She stuck by him. It's obvious shes in it to keep her family together. idiots. If there is anyone to blame its Kobe. Plus the freakin media twists things around all the time. You know this!

a long time Leno fan!

Her attitude in public is a sight to behold. Its certainly not enviable, let's just say that...

KG

His a rat face -lazy eyed -rapist

Catca

Yes, she married Kobe before he won his championships - that's true. It's also true Kobe was recruited straight out of high school and was being called the next Michael Jordan when she dropped out of high school to marry him. The issue of winning championships was never a question, just a matter of time and his bankroll was firmly set. To take her comment at face value is kind of like her saying prior to this past year that she'd marry LeBron James even though he hasn't won a championship yet. I don't think anyone is buying what she's selling.

su

stand by him, especially after the rape and the purchase of your 5 karat diamond ring...now THAT'S a good wife...and whore.

belmarjerzy

WOW!! "out of context" LOL Pretty much means what you said lady! You have two kids with someone very
rich and that's the only thing that doesn't make you a LOSER!!! Because other then that all you have done is married Kobe!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments