Rihanna

I STILL LOVE

Chris Brown

8/19/2012 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

081912_rihanna_ownRihanna did not mince words talking to Oprah about Chris Brown ... saying very simply, "I still love him."

As part of tonight's episode of "Oprah's Next Chapter," O asked RiRi where her relationship with Chris stands today, nearly three years after his brutal attack on her.

Rihanna explained, "We're very, very close friends. We built a trust again and that's it. We love each other and we probably always will."

RiRi says the two are just friends now and they are in no way back together ... though she did admit, "I think he was the love of my life."

Let's hope not.

STFUP

C'mere and let me smack you around a while. Will that make you feel 'loved'?
Just shut up already, you sk@nk H0. You're trash - and apparently, you enjoy it when guys beat the s**t out of you.

JP

Rihanna if that is how you feel, then you must love getting beaten

adelle

She talks the way many abused women talk. Unfortunately the relationship ended very abruptly and she maybe didnt get the closure she wanted, and it didn't end in a way that she could control. It just ended. It is much like when you love a person and they die and you don't get to say goodbye the way you wanted to. That sort of thing can carry on in a person for years, it can take a long time to get over. It's not an excuse it just is what it is. As for how often she spread her legs or whatever it's not terribly relevant to the video, so I have no comment.

Caliwestsidegirl

Rihanna.... Just a piece of advice as I was in your shoes over 10 years ago and I am much older now, I do understand you are beautiful, young and very successful with all the money darling, but trust me on this... You will find SOMEONE WAY BETTER than C.B who will love you in every way and treat you with respect that you deserve. He is NOT all that. You need to realize this, and I know someday you will. It's just now you are too young to realize it. You should never allow a man beat you up like that, EVER. If he does, and you let him, it will go on and on for as long as you take and accept him back. Mark my words...

oh and it's okay to "still love C.B" but it doesn't necessarily mean you have to be with him. But you will be just fine without him. I saw your photos when they were first aired all over the internet hun, and Omg. that is NOT a man who did that to you, but a s***bag lowlife thug. Men who beat up women have no self-respect and suffers through self-esteem and beating up women and degrading them gives them willpower... I'm sorry you had to go through this in the public eye but you need to get your head up because so many kids adore you for who you are. So you need to be strong. At 24, you are growing into a much more lady and you need to learn to make good decision for yourself.

Caliwestsidegirl

adelle

btw I don't think anyone is debating that Rhianna is foolish in her longing for a man that hurt her, I feel sorry for her that she doesn't realize someone much better will probably come along at some point, and Chris will be a very distant memory.

Mary

This girl needs some serious mental health counseling. I will never buy another one of her albums nor will I allow my daughter to see her as anything other than what she truly is...a lifelong victim and weak role model for women.

tori

The woman needs mental help,she' s dellusion!

sheena

im sure he will get back

NoireVixen

There are a lot of hypocrites on these message boards. The only difference is is that you get to hide behind your computer screen. A lot of women that are putting her down are with men who verbally, physically and psychologically abuse them. I have seen very few women who have left guys alone even after he's hit them numerous times. You're hiding how bad your relationships truly are because you are ashamed of how you are letting yourself be treated. I challenge all of the women criticizing Rihanna to break up with their abusive husbands and/or boyfriends. Some things are easier said than done.

FPJ

Such a bad example for Women. I will never let my daughters and sisters buy anything this woman sells.

Who Knew

Well she's diffidently an idiot.

Poule

I had not watched the video yet, wahoo If I were Brown's girlfriend I would know my relationship is
gonna be OVER soon. That's rude of her to do that.

Bnat1984

All these negative comments are going off this one clip.... You need to view the whole interview before leaving a ignorant comments... She said she would always love him even if they were not together, and she recognized he's in a relationship! her response was very sincere and mature she forgave him and admitted to loving him... She never said she wants him back! and if she did take him back, its her life her business.. unfortunately all of the world gets to judge her!

michelle

of course the love is still there
love never dies
though
it is quite plain he doesn't love her
never did never will
would that she find real love with a man
there is not true love w/o respect,
for yourself and those whom you profess to love
.G-d Bless