Ridley Scott

Jets to L.A. after

Brother's Suicide

8/20/2012 9:00 AM PDT UPDATED: 8/20/2012 4:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_ridley_scott_WENNRidley Scott was at Heathrow Airport in London this morning ... reportedly boarding a plane bound for L.A. ... where his younger brother Tony committed suicide yesterday.

Ridley and Tony were close -- co-producing several projects together including the CBS show "The Good Wife" and an upcoming A&E miniseries "Coma."

Tony died yesterday after jumping off a bridge in San Pedro, CA. Officials say Tony left multiple notes to loved ones. The notes were found in his car and another location.

update_bar
9:07 AM PT -- ABC News is reporting that Tony had been suffering from inoperable brain cancer before his death.

4:45 PM PT -- The ABC News report is false. According to Scott's family, Tony did NOT have brain cancer.

Bu

So sad that he was sick and couldn't cope. May he rest in peace.

Jennyy

If he had inoperable brain cancer then he did himself and his family a big favor. I watched a brother die of brain caner and it was horrific and gruesome. I wish I wasn't there because those images will never leave my head. R.I.P. Tony

IceGypsy

So many are opposed to assisted suicide where people could die painlessly, and with dignity. It's sad that people have to resort to such extremes.

I know many are against it. I was, but after watching one of my siblings lose a year long, agonizing battle with cancer, my opinion of that changed. It is a cruel the disease, and affects your body in unimaginable ways. People say the doctors can alleviate the pain, and make the patents comfortable. They are very wrong.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends. May he RIP

maria

My mother died of terminal brain cancer, and after watching her suffer for over a year, if I were to ever get it, I hate to say, I might do the same thing. It is one of the most, if not the most, painful cancers you can die of, and watching a loved on go thru it is just as horrific.

Erin

Please don't peer on the family members at this time.

Sally

Everything they produced was great. Sad.

MaxDps

Maybe it's just me, but, your brother just killed himself and your worth a few million, and your waiting in line at the airport. How about dropping 50K and getting on a private jet. Maybe Ridley needed the FF points. RIP

melody

He had inoperable brain cancer, and was in the stages of suffering.

tantricjustice

Suicide is the most selfish act. Instead of letting his wife and children say good bye to him in due course, he decided he was taking himself out. Letting his family go through the illness with him could have provided a sense of closure and allowed everyone some 'final moments' that they could cherish. Instead he decided they weren't entitled to that and will probably suffer as a result.

If he wanted to end his life before the suffering began there are other ways...like calling Kevorkian and gathering family. His family will be suffering needlessly now...with shock and loss and guilt. Just friggen selfish if you ask me.

igotfleasfromtmz

d

igotfleasfromtmz

Jacob "Jack" Kevorkian could have set the pathway to humane dieing. You can go to Sweden if you wish takes about 1.5 minutes to end the process of life in a humane way. This is total BS this man should have had choices besides resorting to jumping. But I understand why he told no one , he would still be here if that were the case.
He wanted to die with dignity (I truly believe this)
WE NEED ASST SUCIDE IN USA for terminal Illness

Renee

OMG, the Scott brothers do have an addiction for cheap clothes.

Diamond Goddess!

SERIOUSLY!!! No one loves gossip more than I, BUT can't there be some sort of moratorium on pictures of people in these kinds of situations? Leave Ridley alone!!!

RidleeScott