Rosie O'Donnell

I Had a Secret Heart Attack

Last Week

8/20/2012 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0820_rosie-odonnell_TMZRosie O'Donnell suffered a major heart attack last week but kept it a secret ... until now, when she revealed the whole scary ordeal on her blog ... as a poem.

In a post on Rosie's official blog dated August 20 ... the comedian drops a bombshell with an entry titled "My Heart Attack" ... in which she explains how she went into cardiac arrest and didn't even realize it.

In the post she explains (in poem form) ... she experienced chest pains, clammy skin, and vomiting ... she then took an aspirin -- but never bothered to call 911.

The next day she went to see a cardiologist and was informed by her doctor that her symptoms were a result of a "widow maker" heart attack.

She says in the post, "50% of women having heart attacks never call 911 ... 200,000 women die of heart attacks every year in the US ... by some miracle I was not one of them."

She ends with a warning to other women saying, "Know the symptoms ladies ... listen to the voice inside ... CALL 911... save urself."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

tucker

She's bummed that she didn't get any attention.

Miley is a whore

this will get alot of douchebag comments

Mikey

"Well, it's too bad," Trump said. "I think she's got something wrong with her. I think she's cracking up ... Rosie is basically a very untalented person who's a bully. Her intelligence is less than average in my opinion."

Mikey

"Can you imagine the parents of Kelli ... when she said, 'Mom, Dad, I just fell in love with a big, fat pig named Rosie'?" he said. "Can you imagine the expression on their face?"

BECKER

If she would exercise and eat properly, she wouldn't have a problem I think that her anger level was part of the cause too

gamepro

ok tmz shes not a celebrity anymore so don't report on every little thing that happens to her because all she is now is someone else in the cloud but i have to say death is never something that should have happen to someone but its apart of life

whocares

Rosie is on my dead pool list for 2012

Mikey

Rosie and her girlfriend using a slider must be the biggest freak show on the planet.

Noel

It's a shame she doesn't have a secret psychiatrist.

R

Those are the same symptoms I get when I look at that picture of her here.

Melissa1987

i had a secret i dont care last week too

bring back recent posts

...glad you made it Rosie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I miss you on The Rosie O'donnel Show...classic tv!!!!!!!!!!..feel better and take care of yourself!!!...and too the typical ignorant posters here..STFU ...go for a walk around the block and get rid of some hate in your system!

John Holmes

Cardiac arrest means that your heart has stopped, it does not restart on its own after an aspirin. Get your terminology right.
She might have had an MI and the "widow maker" they call it is really the left anterior descending artery.

Ann