Rosie O'Donnell

I Had a Secret Heart Attack

Last Week

8/20/2012 1:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0820_rosie-odonnell_TMZRosie O'Donnell suffered a major heart attack last week but kept it a secret ... until now, when she revealed the whole scary ordeal on her blog ... as a poem.

In a post on Rosie's official blog dated August 20 ... the comedian drops a bombshell with an entry titled "My Heart Attack" ... in which she explains how she went into cardiac arrest and didn't even realize it.

In the post she explains (in poem form) ... she experienced chest pains, clammy skin, and vomiting ... she then took an aspirin -- but never bothered to call 911.

The next day she went to see a cardiologist and was informed by her doctor that her symptoms were a result of a "widow maker" heart attack.

She says in the post, "50% of women having heart attacks never call 911 ... 200,000 women die of heart attacks every year in the US ... by some miracle I was not one of them."

She ends with a warning to other women saying, "Know the symptoms ladies ... listen to the voice inside ... CALL 911... save urself."

wktkw

If she truly had an ARREST she would still be DEAD.

JenKasa

I'm glad she's talking about this because it brings attention to the fact many women don't recognize the subtle symptoms of a heart attack.

youwantme

Here is the real story. Rosie, Janet Napolitano, and Michelle Obama were scissoring. This one particular lezzie act required more movement than she was prepared for.

ray

"she explains how she went into cardiac arrest" COMPLETE BULL****... cardiac arrest means your heart STOPPED aka you are DEAD. and anyway BFD, I've had TWO get over yourself egotistical b!tch.

John Holmes

you don't go into cardiac arrest at home and then take an aspirin and its all better. Cardiac arrest means your heart has stopped and you need advanced care (cpr, drugs, monitor, aed) to correct it. She just had gas.
The "widow maker" she talks about is the Left Anterior Descending Artery and unless she has a cath lab in her home it was not blocked.
What a drama queen.

Cool Breeze

Who cares about this rug muncher...

dierdre

OMG wow she is one UGLY woman....yuk.....I just can't stomach her sorry. But who the hell is she anyhow to give advise to anyone for that matter, when she can't even take care of herself. I think she's a FAT DISGUSTING FOUL MOUTHED PIG>>>>ewww

CelebJustice

Being a BULLY does take a toll on your health.

twinsies

And we care because?

GRYFFINDOR!

If she went into cardiac arrest she would be too dead to go see a cardiologist the next day.

BECKER

Maybe this Fur Trader had a hair in her throat that caused the seizure

JDUB

I'm sure it had nothing to do with the extra 100lbs she's toting around.

BECKER

She wouldn't even be a good looking man Her face shows how angry she is inside and ugly outside I guess Trading Fur with your girl friend is very taxing

LDB

I'm going to file this story into the 'I don't give a f*ck' category

LCS27

I almost had a heart attack looking her. If she has to face the mirror everyday it's quite understandable what happened..