Wayne Brady

Sorry for Trig Palin Joke

8/20/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

082012_wayne_brady_launchWayne Brady says he takes "full responsibility" for using Trig Palin and his Down Syndrome as a punchline at the "Comedy Central Roast of Roseanne" ... insisting "no malice or harm was meant."

Brady has been taking some serious heat for the past week ... over a joke in which he says Sarah Palin hates Jeff Ross because he reminds her of "what Trig is going to look like when he's 40."

Wayne issued a statement on Facebook in which he says he didn't write the Jeff joke but explains, "At the end of the day I take full responsibility for saying it."

He adds, "I could defend it as a performer, but I would rather apologize from the bottom of my heart as a father."

"To the Palins, please know that no malice or harm was meant. To the other families who were touched negatively, I hope you'll be able to accept this apology as well.
"

Brady was at LAX this weekend ... and told us, "It's a roast, but there are people with sensitivities ... and some people were bothered."

081312_brady_roast

TT

He is a jerk and a racist against white people. S***bag!!! Making fun of an innocent white child with down syndrome. What a piece of ****!

TT

JFO

You know, I'm sure he wasn't speaking off the cuff. He prepared that "joke" as well as many others before this show aired. I cannot believe he read that and didn't think it might have been the least bit offensive to SP, her family, and anyone else with a Down's Syndrome child. I think it's a good thing that he apologized; I just wonder if he would have done so if no one made a stink about it??

LeeBrewster

Get real here---Mr. Brady did this to drum up media coverage for his Game show that is bombing in the ratings since stealing Guiding Light's time slot!

Brandi

That is just beyond tacky of him to say. I don't care if he wrote the joke or not........GET SOME CLASS.

Les Smith

Let's Make A Deal, sorry.

Mayu

Good for him. Takes a real man to own up instead of defending it. A roast is full of inappropriateness aimed at the person being roasted, their family (within reason) and people in attendance. Not at innocent children with down syndrome. Personally, Comedy should be like politics... leave the kids out of it. It's a coward's and bully's joke because a child can't defend themselves. So I give props to Mr. Brady for being the bigger man and apologizing as a father.

Mikey

I really think there's something wrong with him, and I'm not saying that just because he's black.

i228

It's a f**cking roast who cares?

tracker

WHEN YOU SAID IT YOU WERE BOOED..YOU ASKED WHY YOU BOOING ME?ROSS HAS SAID WORSE..WELL YOU NOW ARE 'SORRY ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BACKLASH..NOW STFU YOU'RE A LOSER...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

The whole point of a "roast" is to be offensive. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Also, if you're going to get offended about ****, stay off of your everybody-is-too-pc-high horse.

texaschickeee

SO When are we going to get Biden to back up and take full responsibility for saying America is putting the blacks back in chains?
He needs to apologize as well.
(and why the heck doesn't the media report that mess? Which was NOT in a roast.)

Joe

FU Brady, Jokes like that aren't funny.

verlinda

I hate Wayne and Sarah....but CHILDREN ARE OFF LIMITS. Why did it take him so long to apologize.

Truth

Very poor taste and i'm sure he read the joke before his performance. In fact i bet he rehearsed it many times over. No excuse here folks....joke or not it was in very bad taste. If someone called him the "N" word, the civlil liberties union, the naacp and countless other rights group would be going nuts. In todays society where does one draw the line? Hiding behind the veil of a Comedy Roast is not acceptable to any kind of racism, religious discrimination or judgements or the like. Jokes can be funny but lets show some respect at the same time. I don't think Wayne would be saying he was sorry if he wasn't getting heat. He's a phony!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments