« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

The Universe

Still miss Regis it was his show he made it pop the same way American Idol was never the same without Simon. But Strahan is a nice, goofy, engaging guy so we'll see how it goes he was always funny when he co-hosted with Kelly.

Genjerleigh

Disappointed, wanted Seth Meyers to get the gig

T.J.

Are you all forgetting Neal Patrick Harris? He is a good friend of Kelly and Mark and would do a GREAT job. They have great chemistry. NPH gets my vote.

Darlene

YAY! I love Michael Strahan, what an addition, could not be happier. I will watch Live.

Donna

I'm very excited about this. Such great chemistry between the two and he brings a great background that is fresh and new.

Bob

Strahan the worst pick ever. Sounds like they are wanting to close the show. Kelly alone would be better

Rita29

What a perfect combination! They’ll both bring so much diverse variety to the show and I can’t wait to watch, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I love the height difference and just the overall image of seeing huge football player Strahan with 5’3 Kelly as TV hosts. I love this show because it gives my Dish coworkers and I a lot to talk about. This year I’ll be recording this show on my Hopper, which I love because I’m able to start watching on my living room TV and continue watching on any TV in my house right where I left off. I love the convenience of not missing anything when I get work done.

Cope

Really disappointed in choice of co-host. I really do not think he is very entertaining...boring! I have taped show for years but just deleted the taping series. I am not going to watch any longer. Whenever he did co host I would automatic deleted, would go to a different day to watch with another co host. Why oh why with so many talented people out there did you pick him? Mr. Gelman you are losing your touch!

m. inman

I can't believe you picked Michael Strahan!!! What happen to Seth Meyers??? He was much funnier and such a better interviewer! Just lost this viewer!!

m. inman

Mike Meyers would have been the perfect choice!! They had great chemistry, he was funny, they were a good match. My second choice was Josh Grobin, I liked him a lot, too. But Michael?????Not crazy aout him. Don't believe I will be watching Live with Kelly and Michael!!!

Cheryl

Regis must be so embarresed to be replaced with this goon. Some young guy with no sense of housewives picked this i bet.

Deborah Williams

Nah, I'd rather see Michael on Sunday's NFL program. NOT on LIVE with Kelly!

bud

i will not watch this show any more poor choice

Anonymous

He does not look and act comfortable on screen and she is feeling it.

Previous 15 Comments | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10