« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Zombie Whitney Houston

Regis must be rolling over in his grave.

AC_1394

I think that ABC could have picked a better host. He's not bad, but I don't think he's host material. I remember watching the Coast to Coast Live Co-Host Search on Live with Kelly and I thought Michael Buckley, who won the contest, was a better co-host. Even people like Seth Meyers and Jerry O'Connell were better hosts than Strahan. Lots of respect for Strahan nonetheless

Spoch

Seriously ?!!?? I could think of at least a dozen others....

Joey

He has been a great guest host and he will do a good job

Joe

Why do networks continue to give jobs like this to ex athletes just because they're athletes. Most of them (including Strahan) can't even speak proper English.

tabitha

I have been very impressed everytime he has cohosted. Great duo! Congrats Michael!

Honeys Booboo

I fear he's going to do horrible things
to whatever is still left of her vagina.

John

maybe he can get Kelly to eat something before she gets anymore disgusting..

bobarowley

YEAH!! He is my favorite cohost and they really are great together.

Jackie

I can't be the only one that doesn't like Regis...I find him annoying and creepy....and not funny. I also hate that he's constantly referring to himself in the third person. *****BTW apparently everyone except me forgot he HAD AN AFFAIR with some young 20 something about 10 years ago....so when people start talking about him and Joy as if they're the perfect couple is funny to me. I don't know much about Michael Strahan...but he is cute...hopefully his personality matches. Congrats to him!!!

AC_1394

Matt Scott

Not better than Regis but I am excited for this choice. He is a very happy outgoing person with a great personality.

devilgirl

He has the personality of a wet dish rag.

bring back recent posts

.....I like him on the show....Kelly is so predictable..so..good too have someone with a little more personality who won't let her dominate like she tends too do...good choice imo!

buckwheat

Kelty Ripa is insufferable
Annoying to the bone
Everyother word out of her mouth is "I"
No wonder Regis left