« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MIchael Strahan

To Join "Live"

With Kelly Ripa

8/21/2012 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0821_strahan_artMichael Strahan was picked to partner with Kelly Ripa on her morning syndicated show ... this according to staffers at ABC in New York City.

Several staffers told TMZ ... the talk in the building is that Strahan -- who played in the NFL and won a Super Bowl ring -- will be announced as the co-host.

Strahan's rep was seen outside the building on 67th and Columbus a short time ago grinning from ear to ear.

Strahan tried out for the gig in June and apparently impressed the suits.

BTW ... Strahan is 6'5" ... Kelly is 5'3".  Dancing should be fun.

We got Strahan out a few weeks ago, joking about Tim Tebow getting laid -- he's a pretty funny guy ... so we gotta ask ...

082112_strahan_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

John

She could have gone with Randy Jackson, or maybe Barack Obama after January. Never heard of this man.

Soamazing

Just don't hump the ground in your underwear again and I'm all in! Love Nicole too!!! Winning!

Truth

It doesn't matter because the show will be cancelled after this season anyway. No Regis, no show. The ratings have already been cut in half.

John

Time to get rid of Kelly. She can go live with Anderson Cooper on liberal island.

NormalUSA

If this is true it will cost LIVE! viewers. A LOT.

FlyGuy

So stripping off your pants and humping the floor is deemed talent now?

tiredofwhiners

Anyone who thinks picking strahan was a bad idea clearly has never seen him on "live." He rocked the cohost duties like no other. Everytime he was on I had a huge smile on my face when the show was over. He is articulate and funny. Haters, give him a chance before you spew your bile

TerryOC

I respect decisions based on numbers, and it SEEMS he got good numbers. But, personally, I'm done with the show. Seems like a nice guy but I don't find him remotely interesting, funny, or charming. Sad because I really like Kelly and have been watching her from the beginning.

monique

people still watch kelly ripa?

TNT

This isn't going to work out. Of all the people out there and they pick Strahan? Dumb move. Ratings will plummet.

Mr. Grimm

That is fine I only take a brief look at the show based on the fact that she is hot. I like to see what dress she has on and look at her legs then il change the channel.

davina52

Good choice! He is very entertaining and he and Kelly mesh very well. He doesn't try to replace Regis; can't be done. Together he and Kelly create their own chemistry.

David

Looks like I won't be watching this show. To bad, because I really enjoy listening to Kelly.

davina52

Great choice! He is funny and works well with Kelly. They are relaxed and natural together and guests seen comfortable. He doesn't try to replace Regis; no one can. It could work.

tmz posters dont know sh1t

i like the move!! it's a great play on most white women (white housewives) dreams!! the cuckold BBC!!! the big black man conquering the little white tight p#ssy !!! even the most racists hicks with their little d1cks get off on that lmao!! I love the move!! more white women will now be trying BBC due to this!!! ahhhh shout to all the beautiful white sluts out there --- u make me ;-D