'American Idol'

Judges Not a Done Deal

And Mariah is PISSED

8/21/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0820_nicki_minaj_mariah_carey_american_idol_articleNicki Minaj may well become a judge on "American Idol," but it will be at the expense of Mariah Carey, who we're told hung up the phone when she was told Nicki was the top candidate.

Sources connected with "Idol" tell TMZ ... Mariah was led to believe she would be the only woman on the judge's panel. Choosing Nicki would not only crush that expectation, it would add insult to injury because Nicki (29) is a lot younger than Mariah (42).

As for the composition of the judge's panel, we're told by no means is it a done deal. There are 2 scenarios being played out. First, it's unclear if Randy Jackson will come back as a judge or a mentor. If he leaves the judge's panel, there will be another spot to fill.

The second scenario ... we're told some of the honchos believe it's a mistake to have 2 women and a man on the panel, and a 4th male judge would be necessary.

As for who's still in the running, we're told Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and Enrique Iglesias are leading the pack.

And there's one other thing ... Sources connected with the show say they're worried ... if the judges end up being Mariah, Nicki and Randy ... middle America might not welcome the blackout.

FletchGuy

All of those scenerios are horrible. Who really wants to see Mariah or Nicki? Then to say you might have to add someone like Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and Enrique Iglesias good god what a horrible accient this show has become. I vote end this show as it is about 4 season past its time to go.

Irka

I'd be pissed too if I were Mariah, Nicki Minaj is pure garbage and has no business judging talent of any sort since she has none. My ears bleed and my skin crawls when I hear her crap on the radio.

FletchGuy

Middle America is worried about an all black cast? Where is the shows people from? Only in like California or the deep south would an all black cast be an issue. middle AMerica coulde care less. Seems like the shows folks are pretty far out of touch with reality.

SeattleEvonne

I haven't watched since Simon left.....and definitely won't watch with Mariah or Nicki.

hallieswiger

If Nicki Minaj is on the show, they will lose me as a fan!! I hate chic!

Cee

I decided after my last post #122 that is if the number NOT changing here on TMZ to look thoroughly at I’m Everyone Woman video

I notice that Whitney Houston did not forget about the Legend Valerie Simpson who wrote that song for Chaka Khan to record. When Whitney Houston did her video Valerie Simpson is also along with Chaka Khan in the video will find Valerie Simpson where the number clip 2:42 AND 2:53.

If you do not know Valerie Simpson again research her and she appear on Whitney Houston rerecorded I’m Every Woman video. Number again, if you miss it on the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7_sqdkaAfo is 2:42 shows Valerie Simpson sitting next to Whitney Houston AND 2:53 shows Valerie on her piano. Could been the place where Valerie Simpson came up with the lyric and all for I’m Every One for Chaka Khan to record her Valerie Simpson’s song.

Gita

OMG talk about being CATY. Where is the confidence in who she is as a star. They are both Circus Acts I would totally watch it!!!!!! To bad their is no airbrushing on TV.

Joey

Pariah and Nicki Minaj arte both useless Neither one can sing and Nicki is so self absorbed I doube if she could be a fair judge

jjh

already sick Of Idol, Its suppose to be about the talent not the stupid judges and who they are picking for judges suck too. Idol may be on it's last leg. And just watching the little of Britney Spears on X factor too looks sucko. Thought I might give that Another try, but booooooooo on that too. The shows anymore suck because of your judges Stern boooooo too. They are ruining the enjoyment of watching the shows, because of their egos JMO

John dowser

Nicki being the devil worshiper her and her goofball Hollywood friends are will destroy American Idol. Her and her symbol Devil horns gesture and all the crap with the Priest will all come to light... what an absolute stupid idea to bring this nutcase on board..

AsYouWere!

Nicki over Mariah!?!?! Well American Idol has pretty much become a three ring circus anyway so what better clown to hire than Harajuku Barbie, alter ego Roman, Queen of auto tune; herself, Nicki Minaj! I dread this decision if it actually happens; then AI has truly gone to sh*t and it's time to be FLUSHED! :-)

sweetbaby

Nicki would be amazing as a judge! She is young, colorful, unique and a hell of a lotta fun to watch.
Mariah can go piss up a rope.....NO MARIAH!

TruthandDare

Other blog sites and media outlets are covering this article's phrase " middle America might not welcome the blackout.".
This editor just made a fool of him/her self. You can't speak for a group unless you are a part of it and a self elected rep. So basically, the editor is not ready for the "blackout"...

billy

American Idol sucks....

MJB's #1 Fan

I'm not offended by the "black out" comment. Let's face reality, people --- some people in this country would have a problem with all black judes (even though I don't consider Mariah Carey to be anything but annoying and ugly). That's life in America.

American Idol needs to shut it down. Mariah has the personality of dog ****. Nicki doesn't have a personality at all.I think her 15 minutes of fame is coming to an end (I hope).