TMZ Live

Kanye on 'Idol'

Start of a Beautiful Disaster?

8/21/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0821_tmz_live_post_graphic_launch

Kanye West, Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey would give "American Idol" the most star studded -- and expensive -- TV judge panel ever ... but will it work with 3 huge egos?? It could be awesome ... or an awesome implosion. We'll discuss.

Plus, you buying LeBron James' new Nike sneakers for $315? Harvey's outraged, but Evan says they're works of art!

Also, how did Lindsay Lohan end up on the scene of a crime -- again?!! Wait till you hear what was going on inside the all-night rager ... before police showed up.
TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic
tmzlive-play-by-play-1

00:00 - BREAKING NEWS: At long last, Kelly Ripa has found her replacement for Regis!

2:31 - Mariah Carey is none too pleased as Nicki Minaj and Kanye West emerge as new 'American Idol' judging candidates.

10:19 - Contrary to some reports, a key detail emerges surrounding the suicide of director Tony Scott.

13:51 - You'll never believe who police are questioning in connection with another Hollywood jewelry heist! (Hint: It rhymes with "Schmindsay Schmohan.")

17:10 - Amanda Bynes gets in yet ANOTHER car accident.

18:19 - It's been over a year since Osama bin Laden was killed, but now ANYONE can relive the historic Navy SEAL mission.

22:59 - Illinois strip clubs will soon face a "stiff" new tax-- Senator Toi Hutchinson calls in to tell us it's for a good cause.

26:23 - Embroiled in a bitter custody battle, Usher is held in contempt of court... FOR WHAT?!

28:37 - PayPal founder Elon Musk lands a sweet deal in his divorce, leaving his soon-to-be ex with... jack squat?

32:47 - LeBron James has a new shoe coming out, but their king-sized price tag may have some fans choking.

37:07 - Congressman Kevin Yoder took a dip in his birthday suit in Israel... Did he really need to apologize, though?

38:09 - 'Paranorman' breaks new ground for animated kids' movies, but should parents be warned?

40:47 - We take your calls!

Sammwells Pariss

PARANORMAN CHARACTER. IS HE LIKE A FLAMMER .. OR JUST FEMM. I HAVNT WATCHED THE FILM.. BUT MY CONCERNS AS A PARENT WOULD BE .. THE RITE OF CHOICE TAKEN FROM THE CHILD VEIWER BY NEGATIVE INSPERATION.... MUCH LIKE GANGSTER RAPP IS WITH KIDS.. AND COMPARED TO SNOOP WITH HIS BOB MARLEY INSPIRED ALBUM .. WHO WHAT IS HE TRYING TO INSPRE.. POSITIVE LIFE OR THEGANGS BANGING LIFE .. THAT RELIGIOUSE ORGS AND POLITICICAL PARTIES ARE SPONSERING TWARDS U.S. KIDS

Flying Blind

I want someone from TMZ to make a purple flying squirrel on a string going across the room.

Peggy McDonough

I love watching Harvey and Charles on TMZ LIVE, but one thing bugs me while watching. Harvey you need to get a belt, it is very distracting when you are constantly pulling your pants up.

brent

Will Never watch AI again if they get Mr WhoreDashian as a judge!

Tori

I realize that Idol is going after big names to create interest in their dying show, but what they really need is a good critic. Someone who is able to say more than 'you're pitchy dawg' or can only sugar coats the facts because they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I actually think Diddy might not have been a bad idea, because he comes across as someone who will tell it like it is, and he also has more than just entertainment experience- he runs a record label.

Sammwells Pariss

SKINN TAX.. IS THIS LIKE TABACCO OR MARIJUANA.. COULD THIS CAUSE CANCER OER SECOND HAND STTRIPPER INHILATION..WHOS BEHIND THE SCENES IN THE STRIPP CLIBSS.. WHO IS INVOLVED IB THE PROMOTIONS.. WHO IS PROMOTING ..THEISE EVENTS AND LIFE STYLES .. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY ITS ON FCC MATERIAL...

Flying Blind

NOOOOO RAP IS NOT MUSIC< PERIOD. but it is rap.

jameswoods

Elon Musk sold paypal long ago--long before Tesla. He's also involved in spacex that had a successful pilot flight recently. do some homework.

mimi

if Nicki and/or Kanye are judges....AI just lost our family as viewers. Goodbye AI!

Sammwells Pariss

I WANT A CELEBRITY FAVORITE TWIITT SEGMANT DONE BY SOME BLONDE NAME MAX

jen

I can';t stand either Minaj or Kanye. Both are rude and disrespectful. I will have to stop watching my beloved Idol. Neither are good role models for aspiring musicians.

Bo

Wow, I think it is time for American Idol to call it quits

GOLLY

It would not be that it is an african american judges on AI, it would be that there is not talent judges judging. America hates kanye and nikki

backfire

Kanye? No thanks.

Carly O

I recognize Mariah's vocal spread and all that, but I never listen to her because I can't stand her songs. But if she is supposed to be the high-priced diva, and they want to bring in the ugly, classless Kanye, to sit alongside of her, I don't blame her if she wants to puke and tear up her contract. I think Idol is making huge mistakes here, and they could probably ride it out because the ratings are still there, or were there, but I think they are sinking it. Kanye? So Ryan, the Kwhore will not be far behind, yes? OMG I said behind!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments