LL Cool J

TAKES DOWN

Intruder in His House

8/22/2012 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0822_ll_cool_j_house_broken_articleupdate_bar
1:30 PM PT
-- Police say LL Cool J will NOT be charged with assault after the incident.

8:53 AM PT --
LL beat the living CRAP out of the intruder ... who's being described as a transient ... reportedly breaking the man's nose and jaw.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the suspect is currently hospitalized and being treated for his injuries. Officials believe the man may suffer from mental issues.

7:30AM PT
-- A rep confirms LL Cool J is safe and unharmed. As for the personal beating LL put on the intruder -- the rep would only say, "He is committed to keeping his family safe and is cooperating with authorities."

0314_divider_graphic
LL Cool J
came face-to-face with a burglary suspect in his home, and took the guy down with his own hands early this morning ... TMZ has learned.

According to law enforcement sources ... the suspect entered LL's Los Angeles area house around 2AM, but unfortunately for him the actor/rapper/badass was home.

We're told LL heard some commotion downstairs, went to check it out ... and found the intruder.

Sources say the intruder had tripped LL's alarm system, but the "NCIS Los Angeles" star -- who is a physical beast -- decided to go hand-to-hand combat on the dude ... and managed to detain him until LAPD arrived a few minutes later to make the arrest.

We're told LL is okay, but the suspect -- who will be booked for burglary -- suffered a few bruises.

Mama said knock you out.

Sin D

LOVE IT ! l...O....V....E... IT! LL...you are the man...takin care of biz protectin' the fam ! Run 4 Prez in four years !

VIDGMER

NCIS 101

2drk2fck

dont call it a come back! Of course hes going to knock you out!

Jojo792314

I bet that guy will think twice about breaking in. He got his ass beat. Don't go into a brother house. LMAO!!!

Tafari A Heron

LL PROVE THAT ALL THE MUSCLES HE HAVE IS NOT JUST FOR THE LADIES

Tafari A Heron

LL PROVE THAT THE MUSCLES HE HAVE IS NOT JUST FOR THE LADIES

Tafari A Heron

LL PROVE THAT THE MUSCLES HE HAVE IS NOT JUST FOR THE LADIES

Barbara

Good for him. You don't mess with LL.

K

I'm glad LL kicked his !*& but I fully expect the intruder to file a lawsuit against James Todd and sadly he'd probably win.

Nicole Richard

I love it he still in shape and a protector of his home and family I lift my hat to you sir way to go you did not lost your cool cause he still alive how dear him

Carrie

Hahahah He got what he was looking for ...A KNOCK OUT!! Go LL Cool J

Dawn Levesque

bwhhahahahahahahahahah

Kris

Roids are good for something!

dorame80

Good for U....if someone came in my home....WHAT! its on...and I am not a movie star....male or young....but now you invaded my place....yes I would fight like hell, no I will not ask do you have a weapon, do you plan on hurting me....hell no, I have a hugh machet, bayonet & dagger next to my bed....Plus how do you know he wasn't thinking my family is upstairs.....protect, protect....Harvey can hide under the bed.....plus what does he have to protect....

KathyMT