'Too Close For Comfort' Star

Psychotic Stalker Wants

to 'Bash My Face In'

8/22/2012 12:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0821_getty_lydia_cornell"Too Close For Comfort" star Lydia Cornell wants a restraining order stat, claiming a "psychotic" fan who defrauded her into thinking he was a war hero ... is now threatening to shoot her and "bash her face in" -- this according to new court docs.

The 59-year-old actress filed docs in Pasadena Superior Court, claiming a "psychopath" named Richard Loland Lewis befriended her by lying about being a "secret JAG agent" and "federal criminal attorney" who could help with her divorce proceedings from her ex.

But according to Cornell, the situation turned ugly on June 20th when she rejected Lewis' romantic advances.

Cornell claims Lewis felt spurned -- then angrily stole her laptop and sent her hate mail. Cornell says Lewis also made vicious phone calls in which he threatened to "bash her face in."

Not only that ... she says Lewis posted threats online asking people to shoot her "the way Rebecca Shaeffer was shot" -- and now, she fears for her life.

Cornell is asking the court to keep Lewis away from her and her minor son at all times.

Gretel

A woman who works in the department next to mine is getting an ugly divorce. Will you be putting her face up next? WHO THE FVCK IS THIS HAG?

the_truth_hurts

dammmmmmmn that didnt age well at all.......she had great b(.)(.)bs in the 90's

Gossipwelove.com

smh.

Bob

Instead of a restraining order, the guy should be thrown in jail immediately !

barney

I used to watch that show just to see her,she was hot and had great Boobs.For being 59 she still looks good comsidering she has foregone plastic surgery.Would be glad to go on a date with her.Much rather go with someone natural instead of someone with plastic surgery and fake looking.

Miz Val

Looks like someone beat him to the punch! She is 3 years older than me and looks older than my mother

Kabala

It's a very unflattering picture - no she's not 20 but still attractive for her age.

MP

I think she looks great for 59. Post a picture of your average 59 year old American and compare them. I loved Too Close for Comfort, especially Monroe. They don't make shows like that anymore, unfortunately.

voiceofreason

I think it's Monroe! He wants to replace his face with hers!

liquidbabydoll

Poor lady. i loved her on that 80s show. hope she gets peace from her divorce and this stalker.

scoopie

everyone should look that good at 59

Nancy Jo Perdue

I am a personal friend of Lydia Cornell. It saddens me to read cruel comments from people who don't know her, her heart or the truth. She's a talented woman with a lot to offer. She's loving, forgiving and non-judging. She's kind to a fault. She's one of my favorite people in the universe. I met her stalker, who is totally unstable and frightening. I saw him go from nice guy to monster when Lydia discouraged his advances. I feared for her safety. I was among several people who encouraged her to file a restraining order. She's also gorgeous physically -- even at her worst..

Elena

Enclosed is a link to Lydia's Blog, it has her current photographs, all untouched or altered by Photoshop. She is a beautiful woman, who many of you have criticized from a photo published by TMZ? Many of the photographs from her Blog are taken from the Live Shows she does. Lydia does so much for others, engaged in charities and cares greatly for others, giving her time by working with domestic violence victims and is a child advocate. Please, take time and read over her Blog, and get to know Lydia for yourself? Thank you. http://politicallyhot.blogspot.com/2012/08/brand-new-lydia-cornell-photos-2012.html

Elena

LYDIA CORNELL LIVE, RAW & UNCUT - See Lydia for yourself? This is one of her Live Shows.

Lonnie

Nice photo shop- I'm the closest to her, and this is Lydia today.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments