Al Roker

Search & Destroy Mission

Against 'Today' Show

8/23/2012 7:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

082312_roker_today

Al Roker is doing everything he can to undermine the "Today" show ... trashing the anchors, sabotaging live moments ... and it seems to be a part of a plan to avenge the firing of his bestest friend in the world, Ann Curry.

Roker went on the offensive again this morning ... trying to fire off another zinger at Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthrie during a live segment ... but this time the quip was more of a misfire.

Al was trying to explain why he pulled a weird frozen face for 17 confusing seconds during a live segment last week ... and when Savannah tried to joke about Roker being a perfect fit for a wax museum, Al shot back ... "We ARE in a wax museum, so it all works out pretty well."

Not funny, but it's obvious Al -- who is SUPER TIGHT with Ann -- is so desperate to rip the show ... he's firing off zingers, even if they don't really zing.

It's just the latest in a string of anti-Lauer behavior, which began after Matt railroaded Ann Curry off the show simply because he didn't like her. Last week, Roker accused his colleagues of throwing people "under the bus."

So, we gotta ask ...

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Smokey

Good for you, Al! Glad someone on that show knows what loyalty is!

Rick

I was a Today show for YEARS. I was really happy when they made Ann co-anchor with Matt. But, when they dropped Ann for no good reason, I swore off the Today show.
Now I watch Robin and George on GMA. So happy to see that they are now #1.

kacky

He's right about it being a wax museum. Al, at your age, you should understand that when it gets like this, it isn't going to improve. Bail out on Matt and his little bimbo harem.

dontkillmockingbirds

The Today Show has become a sham and Al Roker's freeze face is indicative of the Guthrie's and Lauer's total disregard and disrespect for anyone but themselves and shows their complete self-absorption. Lauer's ego is beyond the size of the entire network and the fact that Ann Curry didn't cowtail to his flirtations like the rest of his harem shows the effects of the bruising is caused at Ann's expense. Lauer and his harem is despicable and Al Roker's character in the face of such disgrace is commendable.

michele

Yes, Al Roker is out for revenge for his friend, Ann Curry and I"m proud of him for doing it! We need more loyal people like him (regardless of your feelings for him)...I've just become a big fan!

Choose2BBrave

I hope he is out for revemge!

rash on my ass

this is funny watch lmao http://youtu.be/GUgNP0v228Y

Yo

Go Al!!

twotirefire

AFter Loswer Lower threw AC under the bus, my entire household decided "we are bored with today show and enough was enough". We switched GMA after 20 + years! WE LOVE IT!! I hope GMA uses the loser ratings printouts of the today show to clean there toilets out! THAT's what is deserved after the the way NBC treats it's talent. Keeping loser lauer and lettg Amy Robach go, etc. I'd leave too if I only got on camera one damn day a week after nine years. Amy is very happy at GMA and we enjoyed her when she sat in for Robin. TS your days are numbered...tsk tsk..

linda tucker

Al is tired of white people and there bull ****!!!!!!!!

johnconners

I love it. Fat Albert and "the Nose" in a beef. It could not get any better. The Today Show aka the Yesterday Show is a joke at best. As long as Matt "the Nose" Lauer is there people WON"T watch. GMA is so much better and you don't have to listen to that douche bag Lauer. Want ratings Today Show......fire Lauer and you get them !

ernest fowler

that pritty woman skit suck it looks to me she haves an ego problem nbc please stop trying to push savannah freckal chest on us an put a reporter back in the chair

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9