Britney Spears

'Medical Issue'

Is Behind Conservatorship

8/23/2012 12:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0823_britney_spears_article_tmzThere's a reason Britney Spears' conservatorship has lasted 4 1/2 years with no end in sight -- it's because she has a serious medical issue that prevents her from making consistently sound decisions ... TMZ has learned.

Documents were filed Tuesday in the conservatorship case, urgently asking the judge to seal certain records.  In the papers, lawyers for the conservators called the records "highly sensitive," adding "irreparable harm and immediate danger" would befall Britney if the documents weren't sealed.

Multiple sources with firsthand knowledge tell TMZ ... the records are medical documents outlining Britney's condition and treatment.

We're told the singer has a disorder affecting her personality that can affect her state of mind.  We're told she is doing "extremely well" but needs the safety net of a conservatorship.

Sources tell us there is no plan to end the conservatorship, and the judge is completely down with it.

FYI ... there are 2 components of the conservatorship -- the personal and the business.  The personal conservatorship allows Jamie Spears and Jason Trawick to make life decisions for her.  The business conservatorship involves managing Britney's career and fortune.  As for the business side, we're told it will probably go on indefinitely because it has been incredibly successful.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Pierce Aero One

Medical issue, my ass. Money.

FlamingoNut

'medical issue' = bat **** crazy?

Quinn

Bipolar?

Abe

Poor Britney can't make consistently sound decisions. So what's Kim Kardashian's excuse?

Joe

Bipolar
Schizophrenia
multiple personality disorder.

i bet schizophrenia or bipolar, probably bipolar

Joe

I revise my above comment. I bet she has an anxiety disorder

azriel

Sounds like bipolar disorder to me.

LCS27

In other words, bitch is crazy

Lipreng

I always thought she had Bipolar Disorder, but the way this is worded seems to indicate a personality disorder. Borderline Personality Disorder is kind of similar to Bipolar, so perhaps that is what is being referred to?

Hohan

Diagnosis: Airhead

ShrinkWrap

Her mother is a greedy attention whore who wanted her daughter to be famous more than her daughter did. That's enough to eff anyone up. It still doesn't excuse the fact that she is a little bit Bi-Polar.

Phreaky

Either Bipolar or schizo - there is no surprise with this...

LisaT

I figure its bipolar disorder. Treated by medication. I figure its some sort of mental illness. Its nothing she could have prevented. I don't like Britney but I sort of feel sorry for her.

Violette-Blue

She may be suffering with schizophrenia or bipolar. Both are medical conditions that play with the personality. There is nothing to be ashamed of. I have family members with schizophrenia and with proper medication and support they are doing just fine. Britney always seemed to have some mental issues. I don't believe she sings her songs at all. I believe someone else is singing and they just use her for the videos. That's why when she sings on stage she has to lip synch all the time. It's not her voice at all in the music. Maybe it's her little sister's voice being used. Anyhow. I do wish her all the best. She seems like a great mom and a nice person.

fixxin2

Must be schizophrenia, which to many people unfairly suggests scary, violent behavior. Brit's people would be very afraid of THAT diagnosis.

On the other hand, bipolar disorders are very common and much more "acceptable" to the average person.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments