« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Lance Armstrong

Stripped of ALL

Tour De France Wins

8/24/2012 9:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0824_lance_armstrong_01
Lance Armstrong is no longer a Tour de France champion ... the cyclist has been STRIPPED of his seven titles in the wake of allegations that he used banned performance-enhancers.

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency made the announcement this morning ... Armstrong will not only lose his victories, he has also been banned from the sport of cycling for life.

Armstrong has adamantly denied the allegations ... claiming the testing process is "one-sided and unfair."

Lance released a statement responding to a USADA official yesterday saying, "There is zero physical evidence to support his outlandish and heinous claims."

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

priceless

This is ridiculous! They can't just strip someone's international medals based on non-physical "evidence". Armstrong has fought this for YEARS, has had hundreds of clean test results, and the poor guy has finally said ENOUGH!

And they have the nerve to strip him anyway simply because he refuses to participate anymore?! USADA can shove it!

Cherie

Instead of allowing the USADA to drill him in an open forum, Lance threw in the towel. I don't WANT to believe that this guy who seems very nice is guilty....but where there is smoke there is usually fire!

Too

This is some Bullsh*t!! This man has NEVER tested positive for anything and yet they are willing to take the word of an Azzhole who after he was caught, claimed that Lance did it too? Really...no evidence, just the word of a sleezeball...I thought you were innocent until PROVEN guilty in this country...my bad, I must have been thinking of some other country, not AmeriKKKa!

wanderella

so what are they gonna do? go over to his house and take his medals and trophies...i doubt it....IF he cheated, well, he's a champion at that too. they drug tested him and he came back clean. what else is there to say. i don't blame him for telling them to eff off. i'm sure he is above this petty crap. lance, you're a champion in my book. Livestrong!

Observer999

I think he doped, but the US organization can't strip him of his Tour de France wins. Only the Tour de France administration can do that.

moe l.

AMAZING! How does the guy pass EVERY test given and then be banned?? They've been after him for years (mostly the French who are insanely jealous of his victories in their race). I don't blame him for saying "enough - go F yourseves".

Izzaboe

How damn many tests does Armstrong need to pass? This is crazy!
Sounds like government employes dreaming up bull to keep their jobs.

jimbow

passed all the test. sounds like USADA was paid to get him disqualified. As far as I am concerned he will always be a seven time winner. USADA

Alexander

Finally!!
One cheater down, many many to go.

Cindy

According to this article, "USADA doesn't have the power to strip Armstrong's Tour titles -- that will be decided by a couple of international sporting bodies". http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/lance_armstrong_32.php

Cindy

Full link: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/lance_armstrong_32.php

Brenda

Just saying.....If I had won fair and square I would have fought the lies they said about me until the day I died!!

Sunny

It is sad that the USADA is taking the word of other PROVEN dopers over the physical evidence which is 500 CLEAN drug tests! An injustice was done! the USADA should not be allowed to take such action without physical proof! Go ahead...rewrite the history books. Truth is, there WILL be some do***entation somewhere that Lance Armstrong won a record 7 Tours, and had those titles ripped away from him based on some here-say of people who were either jealous, or mad that they got caught.

Jackie

You got money, hire the best lawyers and win your belongings back.

jimbow

As far as I am concerned Armstrong will always be a seven time winner. USADA is wrong since Armstrong did the tests they wanted and passed. Hmm how much money was paid to USADA to disqualify him??? Sounds like they made up their minds before they even had him do the tests. If anything USADA needs to quit.