Tony Scott

Suicide Note

Does NOT Reveal Motive

8/24/2012 7:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0824_tony_scott_gettyTony Scott did not explain why he decided to take his own life in the suicide note he left for loved ones ... but did offer a final emotional farewell ... TMZ has learned.

Sources familiar with the investigation tell TMZ ... the note was "short and sweet." Tony said in the note he loved his wife and his 2 kids -- Max and Frank.

We're told Scott's wife has not told investigators about anything that might have triggered a suicide, although as we first reported she did tell investigators Scott did NOT have brain cancer or any other significant medical problem.

0820_tony_scott_remembering_footer_v3

JimmydeansausageCo.

wow, lots of self righteous judgements on someones life who's not their own.

If you can't deal with someone wanting out of this hell hole, your problem.

Blacknwild

The problem is White men are weak minded. Imagine what black kids in the ghetto go through everyday and these RICH ass white people kill themselves and shoot up malls,theatres,and schools because their wife left them for a big black D or they lost their job. STUPID SH*T BASICALLY. A white guy couldnt last 1 week living a black mans life and they know it.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Get over yourself. Your reality is not everybody's reality. People kill themselves out of boredom, people kill themselves on impulse, they don't always need to be sick or depressed.

moveover

My guess is that his wife had just said to him, "I'm sorry, but I'm running away with the gardener, but I hope we can still be friends. Oh yeah, and by the way, I want the house(s) and all your money. Buh Bye"

Deana

Did anybody stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the man was just to tired. Maybe he was mentally and physically tired. There is a such thing as being tired of life.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

The cause will come out soon enough...people do not "just" decide to jump to their deaths in broad daylight because they have nothing better to do.
Someone close to him will be eventually come forward with a reasonable cause. Be patient TMZ.

Clyde T.M. Nestra

If you'd ever worked in a psyh ward, you'd know how tortured the minds are of people who are contemplating or have attempted suicide.

nicole

What a selfish selfish man!
Enough of this guy, he doesn't deserve anymore publicity!

FrankiePDX

Tony was murdered by being thrown off the bridge to shut him up...I wonder what he knew?

FrankiePDX

joeblow

At least we get to guess now why , maybe he was emo?

joeblow

I guess he was like he was EMO , emotional .

joeblow

My dad killed himself when I was 15 , i got a bit of XP here.

rash on my ass