Mitt Romney Event

Drops $500k on Journey Concert

8/26/2012 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0826_romney_neal_mechaele_getty
ANY WAY YOU WANT IT ... is exactly what the band Journey said when they were offered $500,000 to play a campaign event for Mitt Romney ... and they accepted, TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ ... the shin-dig is set to go down at a private fundraising party in Tampa, FL on Thursday night while the Republican National Convention is in town. We're told the American Action Network threw down a whopping $500,000 to secure the 90-minute set.

Sources tell us ... Journey is NOT making a political statement by accepting the offer and made it clear -- it's just another gig.

Recently divorced Michaele Salahi will also be there (with an invite, no less) to cheer on her rocker boyfriend, Neal Schon.

Raejean

Watch out, Mitt: Michaele might be looking to trade up again!

Mumra the Ever Living

Journey, go fuque yourselves. I don't care what you say, you are dead to me.

Vernon P. Alarcon

Another BAD decision by the GOP. It's getting scarey! Is this what we can expect if Willard is elected as POSTUS? I saw this POS band for free in Laughlin and people were not into them at all. So many people got bored and left early. I hope this party can get it's shiet together but it's not looking good. Maybe the hurricane will wash them all away.

oscarpopcan

whatever.
Journey is a has been ... its fitting that they play Romney the NEXT has-been

rash on my ass

this is funny watch lmao http://youtu.be/GUgNP0v228Y

aj

That is not Journey, With no Steve Perry, that is not Journey.

ria

*Singing*
So now I come to youuu, with open arms. Nothing to hide, believe when I say, so here I am, with open arms, hoping you'll see what your love means to me, open arms.

Still know the lyrics to this classic song.

Baker

This is just typical with Romney. He is the elite in this country. $500K for a band for 90 minutes. Do you know how many children that money would feed? A lot of kids go to school all over this country but have NOTHING to eat for breakfast. This is outrageous. And all you jerks who knock welfare - well if you would pay your damn child support maybe we could get some people off the rolls. Romney DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE LITTLE PEOPLE. HE CANNOT EVEN RELATE. This is a good example $500K for a band. The Republicans from day one said there only job is to not let Obama pass anything, do anything or create anything. Well they have succeeded. We are in a terrible recession, people are suffering, children are hungry b/c food prices are high. I think it is time for a woman for President. Maybe then people will leave their egos at the door.

Rocco

So much for the party of family values and fiscal sanity.

LuisMiFan

Disgusting. Politicians are all the same. They make all kinds of promises and once they're in office, they flip you the bird. I have never had such a bad case of voter apathy.

dlmkpost

Just a another organized crime ring.....politicians!

realhousewivesbh

Real Housewives Michaele was my favorite Housewive in DC and her new man is the ultimate rock & roll legend. happy to hear about them together

Michelle

Journey's not making a political statement? Ya, Right!

andre`

Romney is just the worst to mankind. It must be nice to drop that kind of money on a band, but Romney would you drop that kind of money for the economy? I bet not. You are pure racist trash Romney. I hope you lose and never be heard of again. I hope you go down along with your ugly deformed looking wife and children. Romney along with the rest of the Republicans that follow him all are KKK in the making. PLEASE GO AWAY AND NEVER BE HEARD AGAIN Romney. I hope you all hold hands and jump in the Atlantic Ocean head first. Dumb Morons. Wake up people!!!!!! Romney don't care about anyone but himself. He is a selfish, racist, stupid liar along with Paul Ryan snoopy droopy eyes.

backfire

Is she wearing a hair extensions made of hay?