Robin Roberts

Friday Is My

Last Day at 'GMA'

8/27/2012 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0611_robin_roberts_articleRobin Roberts will begin her medical leave from "Good Morning America" on Friday ... so she can undergo bone marrow transplant surgery.

Earlier this year, Roberts announced she was diagnosed with myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) ...  a disease that attacks the blood and bone marrow.

Roberts says her sister is the bone marrow donor ... explaining, "[She] is a perfect match and she’s been spending a lot of time with me.  She’s been taking shots to help her prepare."

Roberts says the procedure is scheduled for Tuesday ... and says she plans to return to work following her recovery.

"I know I’m going to have a job when I come back."

As TMZ previously reported, "GMA" is planning to use a roster of star-studded subs to fill in for Roberts during her absence.

whatever3

Good riddance, d*yke.

BECKER

Best wishes for a successful and quick recovery

Maria

God speed Robin. We will be praying for you.

IceGypsy

I know someone that went through this. It's not easy. Hopefully all goes well.

verlinda

Best wishes

wendy

we need more people like her in the world

David

Good. Now go away. Far, far away!!!!!!! We won't miss you!!!!

Twilightstar

Good luck Robin. I'm pulling for you. You can do this!!!

seamus

I can't believe some of the hostility posted here. What does a person's sexuality have to do with being ill. No one has to tell or reveal more than they choose about their personal lives, stop acting as though sexuality is a character flaw. I LOVE Robin Roberts and wish her a speedy recovery. I will miss her while she is off the air. For people that have such strong negative feeling about this woman I suggest using your remote and change the channel and keep your ignorance to yourself.
GET WELL SOON ROBIN!!

barf

Bone Marrow Donation Surgery is what her sister is gonna have. Robin will merely receive a transfusion. No cuts or surgery necessary. Oh you Americans, so educated. NOT!

Sue

I wish you a speedy recovery and will be following your progress closely as i have MDS also. Good luck girl!

frances mcgoldrick

Best wishes to both you and your sister for a speedy recovery...

Gayle

Prayers for your return to health soon.

Lindsay Lohan Fan Forever

Great that she appears to be dealing with things so well. I hope she returns back better than ever.

Brooke

Awww! I like to see robin every morning. Even though her cheerlful attitude every morning kinda p!$$ed me off. But I'll still miss her

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments